Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best 28' performance boat for rough water? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68355-best-28-performance-boat-rough-water.html)

105mph_38_2003 01-11-2004 06:45 PM

I think it would be pretty cool to own a batboat just because you don't see them every day:cool:

SS930 01-11-2004 06:48 PM

Originally posted by yellowbird
Nice looking Pantera you got there Too Old.
Six stand-up's, nice. How much power does that baby put out?

NONE! :D
See the boats for sale section...

C_Spray 01-11-2004 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
I think it would be pretty cool to own a batboat just because you don't see them every day:cool:
Make me an offer later this summer: The only Swedish Kevlar/Divinycel/bagged hull in the US; fresh 540/600, fresh DPX-A, freshly touched-up paint, Sony/Canton stereo, air conditioning, and Bobby Moore rigging:

glassdave 01-11-2004 06:58 PM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
thats half the fun of it. i had a few of the 24's up here for a while this summer and they never fail to draw a crowd. packinair and i took a pair of them down to our local river front for dinner. what a blast. people just love these things. :cool:

too old- that pantera is sweet :cool: no graphics necessary :cool:

SABER- i out ran a 38ZX and a 38 Scarab this summer out in the lake with a 24 Bat. wasnt by much but i still pulled em :D :D ran into both of them at a fun run i was goint to a short while later. they both thought it was cool. gave em both a ride :D :cool: all in fun man :cool: :cool:

C_Spray 01-11-2004 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Or:

SS930 01-11-2004 07:09 PM

Originally posted by C_Spray
Make me an offer later this summer: The only Swedish Kevlar/Divinycel/bagged hull in the US; fresh 540/600, fresh DPX-A, freshly touched-up paint, Sony/Canton stereo, air conditioning, and Bobby Moore rigging:
That thing must fly with that power! :eek:

Yours is a 24, correct?

C_Spray 01-11-2004 07:19 PM

Don't know yet. I expect low 90's. Nope - It's a 28 - the real deal.

Indy 01-11-2004 08:35 PM

Does Saber have a website?

What is their yearly production numbers?

Allan4 01-11-2004 08:47 PM

Originally posted by phastang
Now that's a great first post! Welcome to the Board.
Ty

DITTO!!

Thanks for the cool stories about your race boat.

One thing to keep in mind guys....we are talking about some awesome boats that all have their own strengths.

Think about it...how silly do we sound comparing a 28 Pantera, Saber, Apache and Bat Boat. That right there is an awesome list!!

There was talk of Warlock, and I will throw in my limited .02 on them, I think they are fantastic F-1 boats. They always seem to dominate the GLSCS F-1 class. Fast fast boats....low to mid 80's in factory race setup. That is a rocket. I also THINK they have 7 stringers. Can anyone confirm or deny that for me?

SABER28 01-11-2004 09:11 PM

Originally posted by MrOffshore
Saber28...my challenge wasn't with anything in the range you stated...though it would still be interesting in the right conditions. You are showing your ignorance regarding batboats...that much is certain.

Unless I am incorrect you own a 28 Saber...so why wouldn't you be up for taking my challenge. Same length boats, you'd have two engines...and if the hulls are all you say they are you shouldn't have any problem shutting me up yourself and taking 10K from me.

I've logged a lot of hours in quite a few different batboats...24's and 28's. I can tell you that in some pretty nasty rough water I've smoked boats that should have had no problem outrunning me. There's been many a Poker Runs (and I've run them all over the country) where people have approached me afterward completely dumbfounded at what they saw.

If you're not willing to take me up on my offer I think the least you should do is take me up on a demonstration of the boat. In no way am I insulting your Saber...they're great boats...but factually speaking, there's absolutely no way they can run with a batboat...no way, no how...and I think I'm standing here with 10K at stake to prove it.

Glass Dave did what he stated in a V-24 with a small block...a simple run-of-the-mill 350 horespower small block...nothing too fancy about that but man can they run in rough water.

see my post #157, did you not brag about passing 35-45 foot boats with twins and triples????

listen i really do not care how fast a batboat is or how well they handle in the rough, i do not care for the look of them. if they turn your crank fine. if they are so great how does any other manufacturer sell a single boat???