Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 01-12-2004, 05:29 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C-Spray

Do you put in at anchor? Have we met?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope. I keep an all-white 382 in a rack at Tomes, and have launched the BatBoat into the bay at the public ramp in Port Deposit a couple of times. I think that I've seen you out in the F1 boat a couple of times. though. Were you in the Tomes Landing Poker Run August 23rd? We were tied up to Jeff Jennings' Cigarette w-a-y over by the gas pumps at lunch:
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-tomesrunbb3sm.jpg  

Last edited by C_Spray; 01-12-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BJM
Tim

When the wind is howling (from Turkey Point and south) the water gets plenty big enough to prove our point. I did'nt say this was the best place in the world, but this is where Warpaint and Myself boat every weekend. Don't make this more than it is!

My boat is still at Jo's, call me if your interested with or w/o the motor 610 742-0078
Bj, i thought Bj Lynch bought your boat and keeps it at Buttonwood beach on the Elk river across from Elk neck state park?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:04 PM
BJM
Registered

C-spray
I was'nt in the Poker run but my old Green and Yellow Activator might have been. I sold it to my neighbor.

Warpaint

I did sell the Activator to Bernie, he loves that boat. But don't you worry I'm having a new one built and will be ready to rumble come spring time. This one will be all Green and Black with a full finished cabin etc. It will be set up with dual throttles and ready to race in case I can land a sponsor to race F-1.

If I dont race, it will have a 540 with a single carb making 650hp. The boat will do well over 90 with this set up. What are you doing to your boat, what engines,Horsepower?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally posted by BJM
C-spray
I was'nt in the Poker run but my old Green and Yellow Activator might have been. I sold it to my neighbor.

Warpaint

I did sell the Activator to Bernie, he loves that boat. But don't you worry I'm having a new one built and will be ready to rumble come spring time. This one will be all Green and Black with a full finished cabin etc. It will be set up with dual throttles and ready to race in case I can land a sponsor to race F-1.

If I dont race, it will have a 540 with a single carb making 650hp. The boat will do well over 90 with this set up. What are you doing to your boat, what engines,Horsepower?
T 548/6??.Spyder @ Giunta machine built new motors for me and are going to Nickersons for dyno pulls in a month or so.I hope i am all dialed in by May.With 509/600's with 300 hrs on them it was running an honest 80.I dont know what to expect as far as top speed?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

Default He wishes that was his!

Originally posted by Whirlygig
Wicked One,

Jim,

Thanx for the Welcome. I took your reply as intended. No harm done. I am sure we've meet, such a small world you know. Though after being in the boat for so many years I stayed away for quite a while. Found it difficult to watch from the dock if you know what I mean. I still have a few friends than race and get to live vicariously through them for now.

I payed the piper an hour ago so I should be able to PM you once they update the sight. The post said approx. a day but it may be sooner. I'll keep trying.

Do you have a 41? I saw your logo had a yellow 41 on it. There was a yellow 41 sitting outside the Saber factory for a couple months just recently. I haven't seen it for about a month. Was that yours? No drives on the back, no hatch. Logical assumption as I am sure there aren't many all yellow 41's out there.

Lance
Wouldn't have to go so damn fast all the time if it was!

BTW They are all yellow for god's sake!

Last edited by Nauti Kitty; 01-12-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

Default My 32 ran 103

Originally posted by SS930
Okay guys, since the chit is getting deep...
How do you think your bat boats stack up to a 28 Skater (since we're comparing apples to oranges) with say twin 280 OB's??? How about a 32 Skater with twin 300x's?

BTW, the 28 will run about 115mph and the 32 about 100mph.
Really rough water is not a 28 or 32 skaters specialty if you want to live another day. Not saying they won't do it, just saying you may not want to do it. NK
Old 01-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by MrOffshore
I can tell you this...we could all chip in an get some monster trophy...the kind like an old regatta cup and give it to the boat proclaimed winner. A letter from every other participant would be nice stating that they were wrong and didn't have what the winner brought to the table...something for bragging rights and to stroke the ego a bit.

I think this should also be a timed event...not necessarily running at the same time...too much danger and liability.
I will throw $100 into the trophy fund and look for other's as well. Any other trophy sponsors lurking the board?

I disagree and propose we all run at the same time, incase something does happen. I know if BJ Stuffs (Which he would never do, but if he did) I would turn around and dive in after him, and that he would do the same. Plus then we all run in the ecact same water. No one wants any excuses.

We all need to be in full safety equiptment and should look at the possibility of sponsors to cover a chopper in the air or a Med/Safety boat. I will make some calls.

Chris
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-attachment-customer.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by MrOffshore
Chris...keep posting images of the 28 you've been keeping under wraps...the secret is out...let everybody see this gorgeous boat.

Let's get a committee set up on this...why aren't any of the Ches. Bay people stepping up...or are they all out looking for more power with this becoming even closer to reality!!
Do you have a date in mind.I am booked in July.Have to drive 13 hours to go spank a fellow oso members Fountain.Mid June would be good for me

This pic was taken at a 50 mph gallop so dont get all excited
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-poker-run-011.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

you da man Chris . . .can ya save me a seat . . . or a boat

by the way do you need the red boat for the cleveland show this weekend. i was sick as a dog all last week and got a short week in also the dashes should be done shortly here. later

looks like some pretty smooooth water there warpaint . . . had ta do it
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-12-2004 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.