Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best 28' performance boat for rough water? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68355-best-28-performance-boat-rough-water.html)

R Addiction 01-12-2004 09:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by C_Spray
[B]I'm not making any predictions about winners, just providing some ancient history. MrOffshore and RAddiction are already doing WAY too much cheerleading for us superhero types. (I note that they haven't volunteered to ride along yet, though.) I'm trying to speak softly here, but there's no way I'm going to give away how big of a stick I might be carrying......:p

Chuck, I'll ride with you!! I already got tossed out of Warpaints 28!! Can we leave the A/C on!! Can I drive....or throttle?;)

Dutrasystem 01-13-2004 08:39 AM

A few hundred agurments ago someone had asked for more technical and constructual specs on the warlock world class, were those specs ever posted? Does anyone have those? How bout Pantera specs? i.e. Wieght, Stringer placement , materials etc,. etc. I do most of my boating in the snotty LI sound. I need a hull that I cant pound the hell out of in ANY conditions. 3-4 footers are the norm.

most of the boats listed here are on my "wish list" with emphasis on Pantera, Apache & Cig.
I wouldn't count the others out.. But its hard to find factual info for these guys.. most of the websites I've seached dont answer my inquiries or simply dont offer the information for whatever reason. Its become a full time job to try to educate myself on how not to waste my coin..

ScottB 01-13-2004 08:53 AM

Dutrasystem
Pantera provides a lifetime warranty on the hull and deck to the original owner even if the boat is raced.
that says alot. All the info you need is a phone call away.
www.panteraboats.com

BJM 01-13-2004 10:59 AM

Little toot

Since your on Long Island you are close to Superboat, Kryptonite, and Activator. Go check out the boats first hand.

SS930 01-13-2004 11:00 AM

Originally posted by BJM
Little toot

Since your on Long Island you are close to Superboat, Kryptonite, and Activator. Go check out the boats first hand.

All are great boats from what I hear! ;)

Sean 01-13-2004 11:23 AM

Originally posted by dreamer
thats my old 28ss!!!.... 30k maybuy her... awsome in the rough
And all along I thought that was my old boat...:)

that ole girl sure is getting around....the little tramp :)

Nauti Kitty 01-13-2004 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Sean
And all along I thought that was my old boat...:)

that ole girl sure is getting around....the little tramp :)

Still purring and looking fine! :D

C_Spray 01-14-2004 06:57 PM

Originally posted by R Addiction
....Chuck, I'll ride with you!! I already got tossed out of Warpaints 28!! Can we leave the A/C on!! Can I drive....or throttle?;)
John:

(1) I'll try to be a little easier on you than Ike was in 1999. May I suggest PFD's?...

(2) Sure - the A/C keeps you refreshed. You can even run the stereo.

(3) No. Sit down and shut up.

R Addiction 01-14-2004 09:27 PM

Ok to the three rules of riding with C_Spray!!
Will I spill my drink? Or should I put a lid on it? Hey...If I can't throttle or drive I have to do something!!!!;)

Reindl Powerboats 01-14-2004 10:38 PM

Originally posted by glassdave
you da man Chris . . .can ya save me a seat :D :D . . . or a boat :D :D

by the way do you need the red boat for the cleveland show this weekend. i was sick as a dog all last week and got a short week in :rolleyes: also the dashes should be done shortly here. later :cool:

looks like some pretty smooooth water there warpaint :D :p . . . had ta do it:D

No problem if you are sick man, the flu is really going on around here too - stay home and get better... We have a new 24 OD we can send up as well, just no engine yet, but the boat will show very well - we are making over 25 improvements on the 24 for 2004, so what a better place to showcase them than the boat show in Cleveland.