Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best 28' performance boat for rough water? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68355-best-28-performance-boat-rough-water.html)

MIAMIBOYZ 01-16-2004 12:35 AM

Re: Re: 555 CI 850 SC

Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
Sweet ride! This would not happen to be John Tomlinson's old boat is it? If not he has something nearly identical he showed me once. Very trick ride. NK
No this is not Johns old boat,Jo was the only one that ever raced this boat.

Thanks Albert

JS232 01-16-2004 04:50 AM

How to win all of your Poker runs!

1 Attachment(s)
Don't have to go for 28' : Here is a small rig that could for sure kick all of ya asses in the rough :

My vote goes for the 28 Apache ! Also love the 28 Panthera. As for the bat boats: Maybe good boats, just does not like the design. Looks like a Mosquito in my opinion.

Good luck!

Dutrasystem 01-16-2004 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been there, Bought that.
I was looking for something a little bigger to expand my horizons with confidence. I'm not too familiar with Saber , what was that website again? .

BTW, I currently have a very nice 2000 24 Superboat for sale if anyone you know is interested...

RollWithIt 01-16-2004 10:50 AM

Jromy, I am not doubting the abilities of a batboat. I truely think that they should be held in a seperate class of their own due to their purpose built design and abilities. They are the boatworld equivalent of the ferrari Enzo. A race boat sold to the general public eventhough you can get them with a finished cabin. So basically my question was in regards to the 28 footers other than the batboats. Just didnt know if the 29 would be able to be considered. Cause I know the fountains are typically fast boats for their size. But how much of the rough riding ability is sacrificed compared to a 28 apache, cig, pantera, joker, saber, etc.

JO - PANTERABOATS 01-16-2004 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nauti Kitty,

This is the 2000 28' Pantera we built for Johnny Tomlinson at TNT.It is now owned by a friend of mine here in Miami powered by the same 850 HP blower motor with # 3A speedmaster drive.Top speed is in the mid 90s on GPS.

This boat has a 3 man bolster with race dash and a simple back bench.

JO - Pantera Boats

JO - PANTERABOATS 01-16-2004 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The 28' is transom length without platform.We offer the 28' in a single or twin engine version.We have powered the 28' in the past with as much as twin 750 HP big Blocks and single 1000 HP.

We have delivered quite a few with twin 500 EFIs and 525 EFIsrunning well in to the mid 90s on GPS.

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats

RollWithIt 01-16-2004 11:18 AM

Absolutely beautiful boat as usual Jo. I would love to get my hands on one of your 28s. Just not in my budget currently. Perhaps I might be able to find a older one one of these days that will fit.

Reindl Powerboats 01-16-2004 11:26 AM

Originally posted by yellowbird
Apache 28 , sure its nice, but geez look at that prices they are wanting for a nice one.

BatBoat Are cool, but too pricey for me at this time. Very nice boats no doubt, if you got that kind of money. They would be a blast for sure.

Activator 2002 at Martin Marine?

Very confused by this statement. Have you ever priced our boats? Most have custom paint and over 10 k stereos, etc., but that is the choice of the customer. You can order them any way you want. I can not think of a boat on your list that has a better $$$ per MPH with standard options.

Chris Reindl

Chris288 01-16-2004 11:53 AM

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats
Very confused by this statement. Have you ever priced our boats? Most have custom paint and over 10 k stereos, etc., but that is the choice of the customer. You can order them any way you want. I can not think of a boat on your list that has a better $$$ per MPH with standard options.

Chris Reindl

Chris,, interesting,, can you give us a price on a standard 28 pleasure version w/ cabin and seating for 5 ?? and what motor options do you have ??. Thanks Chris

SS930 01-16-2004 12:03 PM

???

Also, how wet are the bats w/o the canopy?