Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's On a Diet (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68386-whos-diet.html)

X-Rated30 01-09-2004 02:47 PM

No formal diet, just trying to cut back on the fat. (Shooting for 10g per day.) This is in prep for getting back to the gym. I will start back in the next week or so.

(How many times have I said that!:crazy: )

Pointerman 01-09-2004 02:52 PM

I just downed an entire Toblerone bar. I should be on a diet, but I'm waiting for all the candy from Christmas to be consumed before I even think about it. No sense wasting perfectly good chocolate.

dollerchick 01-09-2004 03:04 PM

I will be on my way to Disney to run the Marathon on Sunday...No "Diet" for me..., I am eating everything in sight!!!!

robyw1 01-09-2004 03:28 PM

I have been on a strict diet & exercise with no alcohol since Christmas. it is working too I can't believe it.

:) Roby

MnFastBoat 01-09-2004 09:57 PM

Yes I am
Been doing very well on it too.
But then again some say my diet is a little extreme.
But I feel better then I have in the last 5 years :)
And that matters the most.
You only have one life, even if my name is Morris I have found I am excluded from the nine lives :(
been taught a few life lessons and finally chose to do something about it.

robyw1 01-09-2004 10:36 PM

You definitely do feel better also. I have been obese 6'2" 265-lbs. I have lost 11 pounds since Thanksgiving and I can't tell you how much more alive you feel even with that little weight loss. I'm trying to get down to 180/190. I got a ways to go and it isn't easy. But trust me being fat sucks. It affects your everyday life, makes you worn out just by doing normal daily task. I believe that you must be active with daily exercise or no diet will work. Trust me, no matter how hard it is for you to do it, make the time to lose weight if you need to. If you need to wire your jaw shut then do it.

Roby

bojoe2 01-09-2004 11:15 PM

ya doing good on my diet only gained 5 pounds lol

Reed Jensen 01-09-2004 11:39 PM

I stopped dieting.... made a lifestyle change about ten years ago. .. gave up fat.... gave up dairy.....gave up beer and pizza (*sniff* I really miss the pizza).... gave up alcohol... started riding my bicycle 50 miles a week and lost 50 lbs.... never looked back.... People ask me what is the hardest part of my bike ride.... I reply.... the half hour before I go... putting on my bike shoes and spandex pants... Rode 15 miles today.... but It's 75 degrees here in Los Angeles! :D :D :D :D :p

mcollinstn 01-10-2004 08:28 AM

Engaged in competitive gorge eating over the holidays (october 25 thru jan 7).

Started the Atkins "startup phase" Wednesday, but wife covered the fridge with half eaten Chinese food boxes and I folded. Also, new neighbors (we are the new neighbors, but the existing ones across thestreet) brought a cake of some sort. Couldn't pass it up.

Monday will be the next restart. My feet are hurting. Gotta lose some mass.

dyno 01-10-2004 10:24 AM

Originally posted by dollerchick
I will be on my way to Disney to run the Marathon on Sunday...No "Diet" for me..., I am eating everything in sight!!!!
Is that the race for the AT foundation? My family is very involved with the fund raiser.....