Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which Apache do You Like Better? >

Which Apache do You Like Better?

Notices

Which Apache do You Like Better?

Old 01-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well put scott.the average boater is clueless about the cost of proper maintinance.200-250 hours if your lucky before rebuilds.most of the boats are in need of work thats why they are for sale.big motors and drives aint cheap. 2more cents.i am repowering now from the prop nut to the waterpump.

cya lucy
Attached Thumbnails Which Apache do You Like Better?-fl055.jpg  
Old 01-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

the "selling" value is set by both buyer and seller when the deal is made.......overinflated value set by the sellers will not necessarily be accepted by the buyers and the boats will just sit....I agree that some of these boats are mired by "history" and "nostalgia".....they may have intrinsic or sentimental value, but not the kind that will make a sophisticated buyer overpay excessively for the boat ...just my .02
Old 01-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

hey Mark,

since you are repowering completely, why don't you just drop off the 800s at my house... that way you'll have more space at home
Old 01-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by sgrady
1. They are for sale and rare boats, therefore it's value is the agreement between the owner and the buyer. If it is too high for you when looking move on. They are rare and hold their value.

2. Be thankful that the resale is lower than the new price.

3. I have just put in new motors new transmissions, new SSM VI drives, etc. What do you think it is worth ??

The value is mine to set and the buyers todecide, just my .02.

EXACTLY! THERE WOULD BE MORE FERRARI BUYERS IF A 360 WAS 100K NOT 150 TO 175K
Old 01-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by thedonz
the "selling" value is set by both buyer and seller when the deal is made.......overinflated value set by the sellers will not necessarily be accepted by the buyers and the boats will just sit....I agree that some of these boats are mired by "history" and "nostalgia".....they may have intrinsic or sentimental value, but not the kind that will make a sophisticated buyer overpay excessively for the boat ...just my .02

BUT BUYING A NEW BOAT AND LOSING 40% THE FIRST YEAR IS OK BECAUSE ITS NEW?
Old 01-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by sgrady
1. They are for sale and rare boats, therefore it's value is the agreement between the owner and the buyer. If it is too high for you when looking move on. They are rare and hold their value.

2. Be thankful that the resale is lower than the new price.

3. I have just put in new motors new transmissions, new SSM VI drives, etc. What do you think it is worth ??

The value is mine to set and the buyers todecide, just my .02.
1)"If it is too high for you when looking move on."
People obviously are moving on... they aren't selling at the inflated prices that people are asking. Rare? Yes and no... look in the classifieds.

2)"Be thankful that the resale is lower than the new price." True of every boat, otherwise the builder would've charged more!

3)"What do you think it is worth ??" Unfortunately for you, not what you put into it. This is why many that are for sale have major work needed.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Originally posted by lucy
well put scott.the average boater is clueless about the cost of proper maintinance.200-250 hours if your lucky before rebuilds.most of the boats are in need of work thats why they are for sale.big motors and drives aint cheap. 2more cents.i am repowering now from the prop nut to the waterpump.

cya lucy
This is no different with any other brand boat.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Steve_H

my .02
sooner or later "some" used brands bottom out price wise.
their price varience depends alot on condition and probably more importantly , economic conditions.
a few years ago everyone made a bunch of easy money on the stock market which drove the price up on alot of boats. unfortuanately those days have passed.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by lotoparty
my .02
sooner or later "some" used brands bottom out price wise.
their price varience depends alot on condition and probably more importantly , economic conditions.
a few years ago everyone made a bunch of easy money on the stock market which drove the price up on alot of boats. unfortuanately those days have passed.
Very true. One correction... "sooner or later "some" used brands TOP out price wise.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Steve_H

ok , so im a glass half empty kinda guy

Quick Reply: Which Apache do You Like Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.