Which Apache do You Like Better?

Notices

Which Apache do You Like Better?

Old 01-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: 41

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Although the argument can be made that an equally powered twin step top gun will run just as well in the rough and be faster. I recently ran against the Apache "Razz" in 4-5 footers with my Gun and we were pretty close, although he did pull me just a bit after about 4 miles...... but he has Zul 1000's through 3A's and I have HP500EFI's. His comment to me after wasthat he had never heard of a HP500 powered gun doing in the 90's!! (we were doing 82!) Anyways, I would buy an Apache for history and the quality, but if performance is the goal there are alot of other boats that eat big water with less power.
Reasonable argument.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CigaretteFirefox
When the water gets rough, neither are guys in BAJA's

****! BAJA guys are suicidal in rough water. We dont give a ****!
Old 01-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Re: Re: 41

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Although the argument can be made that an equally powered twin step top gun will run just as well in the rough and be faster. I recently ran against the Apache "Razz" in 4-5 footers with my Gun and we were pretty close, although he did pull me just a bit after about 4 miles...... but he has Zul 1000's through 3A's and I have HP500EFI's. His comment to me after wasthat he had never heard of a HP500 powered gun doing in the 90's!! (we were doing 82!) Anyways, I would buy an Apache for history and the quality, but if performance is the goal there are alot of other boats that eat big water with less power.
I love Cigarette Powerboats and I know Top Guns run nice in 4 to 5 foot waves because I see plenty of them here in New Jersey doing just that.
I have to believe that something is wrong with the Apache you just mentioned because 82 mph with 1000 hp Zuls just does not add up. It sounds like he is missing about 200 hp a side.
Also, when wave heights reach 6' plus and the powertrain on a 41 Apache is healthy and set up right, take a good look at Offshore Powerboating at its finest.
It is a sweet sight indeed!

Last edited by CigaretteFirefox; 01-10-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
****! BAJA guys are suicidal in rough water. We dont give a ****!
Agreed. Suicidal is appropriate.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by SS930

Although most Apache's aren't selling, can you really say that any brand high dollar used boat is selling? Even Cig's aren't moving that well... better, but not well. Fact is it's all simple economics... people are asking too much for these older Apache's and the market doesn't warrant the big $$$. There is demand for them, but until the prices come down buyers will not consume.

thats like
saying i want a 360 ferrari but because i only have 100k to spend , that they must be priced too high for what they are....no its callled "YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY"
Old 01-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO TASTE IN THE END
Old 01-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO TASTE IN THE END
A 16oz Filet mignon at $18.95 always tastes better than one at $24.95 because you can wash the first one down with two Heineken's for the same price.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
thats like
saying i want a 360 ferrari but because i only have 100k to spend , that they must be priced too high for what they are....no its callled "YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY"
Sling,
These boats aren't moving because people are not willing to pay the inflated prices that sellers are asking. PERIOD. It's not that there are no buyers with money... there are and they are choosing to not comsume these boats. The bottom line is if the prices were lower the boats would move.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered

They are all over priced. That`s why you see the same boats for sale for ever. If they were priced right ,they would find new owners.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Registered

1. They are for sale and rare boats, therefore it's value is the agreement between the owner and the buyer. If it is too high for you when looking move on. They are rare and hold their value.

2. Be thankful that the resale is lower than the new price.

3. I have just put in new motors new transmissions, new SSM VI drives, etc. What do you think it is worth ??

The value is mine to set and the buyers todecide, just my .02.

Quick Reply: Which Apache do You Like Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.