Notices

Old Oso

Old 01-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Just think, if those renegades and others talking poorly about it, the south shore of LI would probably still have a poker run. Now, we have NOTHING except the Hottie Tottie Run, thank you Charlie T. And DaveP, I know you and your group did a super job and put alot of effort into it. Really, something to be said considering you live in NJ and it was on LI. Again, thank you DaveP and the NJPPC. Even though Ididn't enter, I was on my way over there to Jones Inlet but had a little problem with my boat. It's a real shame that no one in the marine business can organize one now, cause there is such potential here for one and plenty of interest......... Tripps
Old 01-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There really is great potential here on the south side of Long Island...I am sad to see that I was not yet involved in boating when this all went down...why wouldn't the National Powerboat Association try to set something up, like a 4th of July run...not to interfere with NYC and the Manhasset Bay runs of course. We can call it THE ACES OF THE EAST poker run...or something like that.

Just a thought...
Old 01-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Biggus
Anyone remember the 'Mikey' guy that had a 42 Fountain with triple 900SC`s? He was always talkin smack and how he was gonna kick everyones azz
Kurt- I remember him well- that goes back way before newspeed when a lot of threads turned into a name-calling free-for-all. As far as I know, he still terrorizes the Chain 'o' Lakes in Illinois. "Klaw" has some stories about this guy..........
Old 01-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

That's cool as hell! I was still quite the lurker back then, but as soon as i saw the pages, it all came back to me. I didnt even have a go-fast boat back then....
Old 01-10-2004, 03:57 PM
FWK

And that was not the beginning

Old 01-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup there was a version before that as I recall. That is the version that I found my boat on This style is much better but this is the format that we had when Newspeed was on. It did get rediculous with all the name calling, and I lost interest. Unfortunatly I see a lot more of it going on again.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Registered

Troutly, if it is the fountain that I am thinking of it is black with gold accents, JAFO correct me if I am incorrect.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Registered

The site has grown a bit.

There are more posts now in a matter of hours, than that board had in 4 months.

Job well done.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by SmilingBob
Troutly, if it is the fountain that I am thinking of it is black with gold accents, JAFO correct me if I am incorrect.
That's the one- probably still the fastest in the country.....
His posts were entertaining, to say the least......
Old 01-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Troutly, I would be that it is the same boat. Mike has been going down to LOTO for a while. I will agree with you that it is a fast boat, but I highly doubt that it as fast I have heard.

Quick Reply: Old Oso

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.