Notices

Thunder Boat Row

Old 01-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need a run set up starting and ending at the 188th channell giving all those still here and around us a chance to show our love for these boats and our founders.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:14 AM
Registered

By night. Fort Apache Bar & Grill. Was. cb
Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-188fort-001.jpg  
Old 01-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Registered

By night 188th. cb
Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-188fort-002.jpg  
Old 01-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Registered

By night 188th. cb
Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-188fort-003.jpg  
Old 01-16-2004, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by ceich35
We need a run set up starting and ending at the 188th channell giving all those still here and around us a chance to show our love for these boats and our founders.

How cool would it be if everyone in South Fla. would just start going around that area to hang out on the water!!! How about a Miami Party Cove. That would really piss those people off!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Please someone buy the the old "Shooters" and re-open that old kick ass bar on the inter coastal!!!!!!! Hang tons of new and old race photos, form the legendary open cockpit deep-V's to the state of the art turbine cats. We need to preserve their names and boats!!!!!!!!!!! Again Thank you to all of the men and women who ran those teams and built the boats, WE WANT YOU BACK ON 188th !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:14 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This thread makes me feel good.. Sometimes I feel like a voice in the wilderness railing agianst the MBA mindset, large corporate "performance" boat manufacturers, spreadsheet decision makers, and the neatly pressed golf shirted, marketing types who have infected our sport.

In truth, certain issues have caused this, and certain misconceptions prevail. For instance, not everybody who can read a catalogue should have a Donzi/Scarab/Formula (nor any other "Corporate Buzz Craft")...nor can they appreciate what 80-100 mph actually means on water...both good and bad.

Back in the day, you earned your spot in the go fast world, you were part of a select group who paid their dues, didn't need "special" waterways...nor , heaven forbid, licensing and "training". Now every yahoo with a trust fund, a law degree, or a third generation executive slot in a family owned company is a performance boat owner....or worse...fancies him or herself...as a boat builder...

This same group owns the condos, lives by the "numbers", invests in the overdevelopment, makes chop meat out of the manatees, creates the midnight motor noise, raises the insurance and government attention levels ............. and has the accidents.... which create the limits on the sport ...and, .........ultimately,......... the loss of the Thunderboat Rows and Lake X's of this world.

Sad but true...... like most other aspects of this earth...the world is shrinking...and that ain't necessarily good.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 01-16-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Registered

Thank you T2x, I just wish you could see the home of our beloved boats disappear before our eyes, bulldozed to make way for the "Trust fund Babies" and their water front condo.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Registered

After watching A&E City Confidetial on Thunder Boat Row and the legand himself, I have a much greater respect for where I work now and talking to all of my friends and who ever I can, with a high performance boat about getting them to keep their boats here at our marina. WE NEED EVERYONE BACK ON 188th, we have lost a big chunk of our history and we have to try and peice it back together one step at a time, one boat at a time.

Again Thank You
Old 01-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thunderboat Row no more.
It's an end of a legendary moment and place in powerboating history.

Condos seem to be ruining everything, everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-p2210046.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thunder Boat Row

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.