Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another boat I'm looking at >

Another boat I'm looking at

Notices

Another boat I'm looking at

Old 12-20-2003, 09:40 AM
HotRodr56

Default Another boat I'm looking at

Another Ebay boat. Any comments / knowledge / recommendations?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2449579761

Old 12-20-2003, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a sweet boat, I would think of putting some wilder grafx on it.

Will
Old 12-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HotRod-
I also noticed that boat on E-bay.. looks like a great deal for a 91, 38...
Old 12-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't speak for that boat but did take every screw out of a 89 38 Excel.. good boat for the money...
Old 12-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Steve_H

get a survey!!!!!!
ive talked to addwaterandgo the seller about 2 other boats they have and ill just say that they have a different view then me on what "good condition" means. i was contacted by a member of another boating site about a boat they have that he looked at and it has a rotten bulkhead. the broker never mentioned it to me when i inquired about it
the scarab might be a very good boat. just be carefull!

Old 12-22-2003, 03:29 PM
HotRodr56

Default Still Looking

OK, I have emailed and talked to this broker. He sent a lot of nice pictures of the boat. Says there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the boat except the silent choice exhaust won't switch back and forth, has something to do with the vacuum. Everything else is excellent. If I get real serious I will get a survey. The boat is at Victory One Marine -Dickinson, Texas. Any suggestions for a reliable survey? The asking price with aluminum trailer is $45,500. I am thinking he will still come off 2-3K but not sure yet. Is this too much, about right, a steal? I am not in a hurry and if this doesn't sound reasonable let me know. Your opinions and experience are appreciated.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to pay a Merc Mechanic to pop the gears out and have a peak. A 91 will have some hours on it. Might be useful as a bargaining chip.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Mr. Demeanor

That boat looks great for the price and if I werent looking for a house we would be bidding against each other. If your serious, I would delete this thread!

Old 12-22-2003, 05:49 PM
HotRodr56

Originally posted by BadDog
You may want to pay a Merc Mechanic to pop the gears out and have a peak. A 91 will have some hours on it. Might be useful as a bargaining chip.
Boat has 400 hours and the engines have 85 hours since freshening. Is this about right for a 12 year old boat? Seems low to me but I'm no expert . Any suggestions on getting a survey?

Old 12-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Steve_H

http://www.marinesurvey.org/index2.html

heres a list of SAMS surveyors in texas although if it were me ide rather get a recommendation from an oso member in the area.

Quick Reply: Another boat I'm looking at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.