Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 41 Apache At The Miami Show? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68666-new-41-apache-miami-show.html)

SS930 01-13-2004 01:12 PM

Scalp and Apachechief,

Is it true that you were getting nervous that your boat WOULD NOT be completed on time (May, when Thad actually purchased the business) and you wanted your money back and Thad was the ONLY person capable of making sure you got your money? At that time I believe Steve1 was not involved and it was Bob’s original Miami crew that filled in the so-called steps. Right? Who designed the steps in the first place??? It wasn't Steve1! After the steps were removed (per Steve1 I believe), didn't I read the boat gained close to 5 MPH at Lake X after doing so?

Where does it say they are using a 36 for the show? Last I heard they “retired" the molds. I was under the impression that Apache (or whoever you wish to refer to them as) will not build the 36 anymore. I don't think they're trying to sell the 36's because they don't meet there standards. With that being said I think Thad decided to throw his 575 Mercs into this boat and use it for his personal use. I don't think you'll see this boat at the show for sale.

For quite awhile now I've been trying to piece together all the events that have that have taken place over the past year or two... While I agree that the new company (Apache) has made PR mistakes, I do believe they are dedicated to building the best boats they possibly can using the best construction techniques and materials available. With that being said, under these directives, I think they realized that the 36's were not built to these standards.

I'm not trying get anyone wound up, but I do believe these guys are trying to make a top notch product and if it takes time to do it, so be it. I'm not in the market for one of these boats (nor do I think I could afford a new one:crazy: ), but I can tell you one thing... If I was, I would certainly give these guys a hard look because they're using nothing but the best materials, construction techniques, and they've taken a proven hull design and made it even better by retooling using CAD/CNC. Plus, you KNOW they have no choice but to make a perfect product since everybody is looking to shoot them down! And it doesn't hurt that they have plenty of financial backing with Thad involved (like him or not). I think it's only fair to let them introduce their 41 and evaluate it/them after it hits the water. I know Steve1 has taken a lot of chit about taking so long to produce said boat, but we have to keep in mind that when Thad came in he told him to start with a fresh sheet of paper and make nothing but the best. Remember Steve only has a few guys building this boat and if it takes until June to get it right, so be it. I have little doubt that what floats out of his shop will be top notch.

SS930 01-13-2004 01:17 PM

Okay, I have my armor on now... start throwing!:D

DoTheMath 01-13-2004 01:17 PM

Originally posted by teambaja2001
do do dooddle dada dodo doodle the circus is back :rolleyes:
LMAO!:p

WARPAINT 01-13-2004 01:22 PM

Originally posted by SS930
Scalp and Apachechief,

Is it true that you were getting nervous that your boat WOULD NOT be completed on time (May, when Thad actually purchased the business) and you wanted your money back and Thad was the ONLY person capable of making sure you got your money? At that time I believe Steve1 was not involved and it was Bob’s original Miami crew that filled in the so-called steps. Right? Who designed the steps in the first place??? It wasn't Steve1! After the steps were removed (per Steve1 I believe), didn't I read the boat gained close to 5 MPH at Lake X after doing so?

Where does it say they are using a 36 for the show? Last I heard they “retired" the molds. I was under the impression that Apache (or whoever you wish to refer to them as) will not build the 36 anymore. I don't think they're trying to sell the 36's because they don't meet there standards. With that being said I think Thad decided to throw his 575 Mercs into this boat and use it for his personal use. I don't think you'll see this boat at the show for sale.

For quite awhile now I've been trying to piece together all the events that have that have taken place over the past year or two... While I agree that the new company (Apache) has made PR mistakes, I do believe they are dedicated to building the best boats they possibly can using the best construction techniques and materials available. With that being said, under these directives, I think they realized that the 36's were not built to these standards.

I'm not trying get anyone wound up, but I do believe these guys are trying to make a top notch product and if it takes time to do it, so be it. I'm not in the market for one of these boats (nor do I think I could afford a new one:crazy: ), but I can tell you one thing... If I was, I would certainly give these guys a hard look because they're using nothing but the best materials, construction techniques, and they've taken a proven hull design and made it even better by retooling using CAD/CNC. Plus, you KNOW they have no choice but to make a perfect product since everybody is looking to shoot them down! And it doesn't hurt that they have plenty of financial backing with Thad involved (like him or not). I think it's only fair to let them introduce their 41 and evaluate it/them after it hits the water. I know Steve1 has taken a lot of chit about taking so long to produce said boat, but we have to keep in mind that when Thad came in he told him to start with a fresh sheet of paper and make nothing but the best. Remember Steve only has a few guys building this boat and if it takes until June to get it right, so be it. I have little doubt that what floats out of his shop will be top notch.

So the 36 is good enough for Thad to run around in for personal use;) I always loved the Saccenti 36's:cool:

Roger 1 01-13-2004 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don`t think that I would have canibalized a running 47 Fountain for it`s engines. Reggie can`t be happy about that!

SS930 01-13-2004 01:42 PM

Originally posted by WARPAINT
So the 36 is good enough for Thad to run around in for personal use;) I always loved the Saccenti 36's:cool:
Since you are always drooling over the larger boats... You should talk to those guys, I'm sure they would be willing to cut you a great deal on it... with your power! I doubt that it will have their name on it, but that would work out great for both of you!

WARPAINT 01-13-2004 01:59 PM

Since you are always drooling over the larger boats... You should talk to those guys, I'm sure they would be willing to cut you a great deal on it... with your power! I doubt that it will have their name on it, but that would work out great for both of you!
:D ;)

buckknekkid 01-13-2004 02:40 PM

ok answer this one

what kind of boat do you have SS?:confused:

SS930 01-13-2004 03:24 PM

Re: ok answer this one

Originally posted by buckknekkid
what kind of boat do you have SS?:confused:
I have a couple boats. I have a little jetboat that I use for traveling with and a med. size cat (w/ OB's) that I use for offshore use. BUT, this isn't about what kind of boat I have.

I'm sure you're looking for something to formulate an attack with, but the fact is I love all of the larger Apache's. I don't think I'd buy one unless the money was right, but I do love these boats. I have NO association with the new Apache Co. I just think they have the foundation to potentially build some nice boats. Their PR practices leave something to be desired(:rolleyes: ), but can you blame them for being defensive since they're constantly under attack? I'm sure any one of us would be. I realize they may have fired the first shot and they likely put themselves in this PR predicimate. Either way, I just think too many on this board are quick to judge an unseen product, it may very well be an industry standard when finished. I don't know that, nor does anyone else on this board know that it will or won't be. I'll wait to see the finished product and decide for myself. Being an engineer, what I do know is the materials and technology going into this new boat are superior to the old boats (from an engineering standpoint), what they do with this will determine there fate. From what I've seen so far, I think Steve1 is doing a good job... but let's all wait and see what comes out of the shop before we decide it's a POS just because BS wasn't working on it.:cool: ;)

Just my 2 cents.

buckknekkid 01-13-2004 04:03 PM

and there are Weapons of Mass Destruction somewhere in a backyard in Bagdad. :crazy: