Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   let's talk extreme (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68682-lets-talk-extreme.html)

hugetime1 01-12-2004 01:33 PM

let's talk extreme

I went snowmobiling friday night and road for about 12 hours, once it got dark out it got down to -36 and we continued to ride till 4 am , slept for 3 hours and did another 200 miles and it was -20 all day. needless to say I got a little sick, spent sunday in bed.
P.S. sorry shane, but I was in no condition to ride sunday.

Ron P 01-12-2004 01:47 PM

Where did you ride?

hugetime1 01-12-2004 01:49 PM

tug hill

Cash Bar 01-12-2004 02:06 PM

I think my tag line below sums that up nicely.

Greg
[
[
\/

Cord 01-12-2004 02:34 PM

I spent about 4 hours on Saturday pulling one out of the river. Then another 3 hours to get it running. Guess the ice isn't all that thick.

throttleup 01-12-2004 03:25 PM

:eek:

Bummer!

Tantrum 01-12-2004 03:37 PM

We rode next to the hill out by Excavators house. I was real close to thinking the next truck was going to be a diesel......nope, frozen fuel sucks in my book.
It is hard to believe what will freeze solid at those temps. Bungee cords were as elastic as steel cable.

Cord 01-12-2004 03:42 PM

Actually the diesel doesn't freeze. It forms a crystal that will plug up the fuel filter. Change the filter and it will run for a while. Of course the real solution is a fuel heater, the correct fuel and/or a conditioner.

I've heard of something simular happening to the snowmobiles. The only thing is that they will either not run (fuel filter) or will seize (oil filter).

hugetime1 01-12-2004 03:48 PM

cord my salution would be to beat the phuck out of the truck unil i broke something or hurt myself, then i would hit it with a hard object like a rock, then i would try to kick my snowmobile and fall on my ass and then i would be really pissed cuz i would be cold , hurt, my truck wouldn't run and I would be out a few g's in repair bills, and all my friends would be laughing hystericly.

Tantrum 01-12-2004 04:00 PM

Originally posted by Cord
Actually the diesel doesn't freeze. It forms a crystal that will plug up the fuel filter. Change the filter and it will run for a while. Of course the real solution is a fuel heater, the correct fuel and/or a conditioner.

I've heard of something simular happening to the snowmobiles. The only thing is that they will either not run (fuel filter) or will seize (oil filter).

See...
I find that interesting now when Im sitting in my heated office. If I were stranded outside trying to get my new diesel running in that cold my reaction would have been more like Hugetimes....
Im not sue weather the tuck is equiped with a fuel heater but it did have the conditioner.
My 5.3 Vortec started right up although I ordered a spare belt today because when it started the belt was frozen and didnt budge for about 2 seconds. Awful screeching noise and I could see them breaking under these conditions.