Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dually or SRW? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68984-dually-srw.html)

Dave M 01-15-2004 08:43 AM

Dually or SRW?

I like to hear some opinions on the ride and towing differences between DRW and SRW trucks.

I like the looks of the SRW's better. Towing the boat I have now wouldn't be an issue (24 Superboat) but I am probably going to upgrade soon. :D

I have a 10K+ lb. camper too. I keep it at the marina I put in at. When I bought it I didn't plan on travelling anywhere with it but now I may change my mind.

MitchStellin 01-15-2004 09:53 AM

I would say SRW for your application. The DRW trucks are nice but unless you have a 5th wheel you are overkill. They fit better in society also, nothing like getting trapped in a parking lot and having to back out ( yes I did this).

cuda 01-15-2004 10:05 AM

Originally posted by MitchStellin
I would say SRW for your application. The DRW trucks are nice but unless you have a 5th wheel you are overkill. They fit better in society also, nothing like getting trapped in a parking lot and having to back out ( yes I did this).
I've had both, SRW will do all you need.

Sydwayz 01-15-2004 11:15 AM

Go for a 2500HD Duramax/Allison package. When it comes time for more capacity, you will get all you need with a pair of rear airbags installed. $300 bucks at Outlaw Motorsports in Culpeper. I recommend them on every truck. I love mine, and will have them on every truck I own. They give you the extra capacity, and sway control that DRW gives you, just about everything except the extra rubber on the road.

I have 1000lb. airbags on my 2500 Avalanche, and some might consider it a 1 ton now. :D :D

BRUCE SEROFF 01-15-2004 11:23 AM

I currently have a chevy 3500 diesel DRW and love it. Its great towing the boat all over and is very comfy. Im thinking of selling it for the exact reason that its a tough every day truck to be driving around town. So, Im considering a SRW short bed as well. 2500 HD or F250

I havent decided yet

good topic

45sonic 01-15-2004 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well you obviously have seen what I drive and pull the boat with. Unless I plan to start doing some more long distance hauling I'm staying with the SRW. Plus I drive it to work every day.
What ever happened with your truck ???

Truck with the old boat. The new boat is even bigger.

BRUCE SEROFF 01-15-2004 12:04 PM

Originally posted by 43Thunder
Well you obviously have seen what I drive and pull the boat with. Unless I plan to start doing some more long distance hauling I'm staying with the SRW. Plus I drive it to work every day.
What ever happened with your truck ???

are you directing that ?? towards me??

if so, I dont think I know who you are:confused: :confused:

PatriYacht 01-15-2004 12:17 PM

I drive a drw as my daily driver. The rides's not bad. Long wheelbase tends to smooth things out. You get used to the width. Only problem is parking. I got an extended cab instead of a crew cab because it's shorter and easier to park.

45sonic 01-15-2004 12:20 PM

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
are you directing that ?? towards me??

if so, I dont think I know who you are:confused: :confused:

NOPE

To the Thread starter Dave M. We are at the same marina

FINMAN 01-16-2004 10:44 AM

SRW F250/F350

Both trucks being 4x4 crew cab short bed, what is the bennefit of the F350 over the F250?

Finman