Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache twin step hulls (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69042-apache-twin-step-hulls.html)

Roger 1 01-16-2004 10:50 AM

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000
Thought that was the boat. What kind of damage was done when it decided to investigate the grassy knole??
.....And by the looks of the photo, he damn near made it!:D

BLee 01-16-2004 10:54 AM

Originally posted by Roger 1
.....And by the looks of the photo, he damn near made it!:D
LOLOLOLOL :D :D

FASTTIMES 01-16-2004 11:14 AM

I think I read that this was the "John Deer Edition"

Sydwayz 01-16-2004 11:17 AM

I think someone once said he had the new Imco 4x4 Drives on there. :D

Critical Mass 01-16-2004 11:20 AM

Bobby can confirm this, most of it is first hand fact. I filled in the blans with what I remember. The boats discussed below were the one in the picture above and three others. They were 1999 and 2000's.

New Tech was a Company that a guy from the Bahamas was the money man for with Bobby. There was an insert placed in the mold that was designed by a European Engineer. I know for a fact that there were three 36's with the step as I personally sold all three of them several years ago. One went to the Bahamas, one was sold to the Feds as a drug chaser boat, and the third went the Great Lakes Area.

At the time I remember that there was a triple 41 with diesels but am not sure if it was stepped or not.

When New-Tech dissolved the insert was not allowed to be used anymore by Apache (or whatever you want to call it)

Somewhere in my files I have a write up on what I believe I remember to be a fourth or fifth 36 that had Bobby Driving it.

The Bahamanian one won the Bahamian race in 2002. It was a 36 with 500 hp's and ran 82mph. Since then the boat has been re-powered by TNT with Chief Engines and is running close to 100.

ofshore 01-16-2004 11:29 AM

If i were going to spend 160k on it, i would want to see those pictures first rather than after, that had to hurt.:eek:

sgrady 01-16-2004 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Critical Mass
Bobby can confirm this, most of it is first hand fact. I filled in the blans with what I remember. The boats discussed below were the one in the picture above and three others. They were 1999 and 2000's.

New Tech was a Company that a guy from the Bahamas was the money man for with Bobby. There was an insert placed in the mold that was designed by a European Engineer. I know for a fact that there were three 36's with the step as I personally sold all three of them several years ago. One went to the Bahamas, one was sold to the Feds as a drug chaser boat, and the third went the Great Lakes Area.

At the time I remember that there was a triple 41 with diesels but am not sure if it was stepped or not.

When New-Tech dissolved the insert was not allowed to be used anymore by Apache (or whatever you want to call it)

Somewhere in my files I have a write up on what I believe I remember to be a fourth or fifth 36 that had Bobby Driving it.

The Bahamanian one won the Bahamian race in 2002. It was a 36 with 500 hp's and ran 82mph. Since then the boat has been re-powered by TNT with Chief Engines and is running close to 100.

The 42/43 had steps with Yanmars and is for sale now, I think in Europe. Welcome to OSO.

sgrady 01-16-2004 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Sister Ship race F2 with Bobby and Carl.

Comanche3Six 01-16-2004 03:05 PM

That thing gets deeper into enemy territory than an Apache helicoptor. Probably thought Bin Laden was held up in the tall grass there. We'll get that bastard yet.

Jolley 01-16-2004 07:59 PM

I think it was trying to make it to Too Old's place like those land crossing Cat Fish......... LOL.......... Back to the safety of the trailer and solid ground.... Sorry Fred I had to!!!!!!!!:p :D