Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank, excellent point. Russ
Old 01-21-2004, 09:55 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The problem is not the insurance industry, they asses risk and compute their liability spread over with other re-insurers. Read Warren Buffets letter to the shareholders last two years (2001,2002).
http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/letters.html

The problem is lawyers filling "junk and frivolous lawsuits" (to quote the president in his state of the union address last night) that are filed in industrial quantities just in order to win one out of twenty, that covers costs for the other nineteen filings. The losing party should pay for the others fees to defend themselves that would stop the insanity. Every time these things are filed the insurance Co. incurs outrageous fees even if they win. Meanwhile our insurance rates (cars, home, boat, business...) go thru the azz and attorneys are going around in Sunseeker Predators both yours and thiers!!!

It's a great profession and we all need them but that "Personal Injury" insanity has to be stopped, it ruined the private plane industry in the 70's and is costing all of us a ton. Bush has hinted to revamping these things twice yesterday and had mentioned it last year also, if he gets back in in November I am fairly confident he will address it in his last term.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:59 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't even touched the class action crap. anyone of you ever received a $0.72 check saying you won your class action lawsuit and here is your share!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Registered

I just got a check for $.66 for a class action law suit against Sprint. What 1,000,000 customers, lawyers made $330,000? Stupid Stupid Stupid

Back to the Kilo crash waiting to happen, I don't think a company like Nationwide or State Farm are going to insure boats like that and I can't see that having an ill afffect on the recreation boaters like us. I don't even know who will insure stuff like that, but I bet it ain't cheap.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

While insurance rates hit everyone in the pocketbook, I really don't think that it is the key issue. The biggest concern I have is loss of freedom to enjoy my boat because of someone else's irresponsible behavior. If the performance boating industry gets together as a single community and polices itself, we will all stand a better chance of being able to defend our lifestyle when accidents happen. That being said, ALL OF US share the burden of being safe, responsible, and courteous boaters. That one time that one of us tears through a congested area, flips off a saleboter, hops in our boat with a beer in each hand or fires up with the Silent Choice open at 7:00 AM will make a far more lasting impression that the 99 times we were well-behaved. Police thyselves.

"Moses"

Last edited by C_Spray; 01-22-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking of insurance, I just got my letter stating I will not be renued this year... isnt that nice... I now have about 30 days to find another company to insure me..
Old 01-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered

Some more great points.

Chris K - check with National Marine Underwriters 800-262-8467 on the insurance. They were half of what everyone else quoted me.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by C_Spray
or fires up with the Silent Choice open at 7:00 AM will make a far more lasting impression that the 99 times we were well-behaved. Police thyselves.

"Moses"
You had me till I got to this part. Can you say car alarm
Old 01-21-2004, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by bajabob38
You had me till I got to this part. Can you say car alarm

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance will be the demise of Hi-PO boat sales in the future. Maybe that's why wellcraft went with fishing boats?

Quick Reply: Poker Runs, Egomaniacs With Too Much Money, and How Long Before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.