Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where did all the Chris Cats go? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69107-where-did-all-chris-cats-go.html)

Whirlygig 01-17-2004 10:02 AM

Dock,

Thanx. I have gone back and spent some time reviewing the old posts on the Chris'. There is a substantial amount of information about them. There is still an amazing following for this boat. Others see the same thing I do, history and performance/fun for the dollar.

Where else can you 2 MPH per dollar?

T2x thank you for all of your input on the Chris in the past threads. I am still interested in what setup was considered the best with a big block Chris. #3's, #4's or #5's with or without boxes. Again, I have been told #3's without but I am not sure.

Whirlygig

Whirlygig 01-17-2004 10:06 AM

DueClaws,

I read your old posts as well. Thank you for your input. I know you have had quite a bit of experience with the Chris. Why did you sell? What power did you have to get her to run a buck and a quarter? If I might ask, what did you sell her for. I am trying to get an idea of what I have to spend to get the right boat.

I don't need to run quite that fast. If the boat ran 110 MPH I would be happy. The cruise seems to regulate the top end. I would like a good poker run cruise of 70 to 75 MPH at 3500 RPM or so.

Whirlygig

Whirlygig 01-17-2004 10:07 AM

Dock,

Correction: 2 MPH per $1000.00

Whirlygig

Dock Holiday 01-17-2004 11:49 AM

Originally posted by Whirlygig
Dock,

Correction: 2 MPH per $1000.00

Whirlygig

Damn, I was already looking in the for sale section!:D :D :D :D

Whirlygig 01-17-2004 02:13 PM

Hey Dock,

Loved Tombstone. My wife bought me a movie poster signed by the Russell, Kilmer, Elliot and Paxton.

One of my favorite movies.

Whirlygig

Dueclaws 01-17-2004 03:27 PM

Whirly-
responses to your questions:

Why did you sell?
Wanted a bigger cat, with a canopy-type cockpit.

What power did you have to get her to run a buck and a quarter?
800 hp

If I might ask, what did you sell her for.
I'd prefer not to disclose this, but I believe it was a fair price for both parties.

Due

Whirlygig 01-17-2004 04:17 PM

Due,

Thanx for the reply, that helps.

whirly

T2x 01-23-2004 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Whirlygig
Dock,

Thanx. I have gone back and spent some time reviewing the old posts on the Chris'. There is a substantial amount of information about them. There is still an amazing following for this boat. Others see the same thing I do, history and performance/fun for the dollar.

Where else can you 2 MPH per dollar?

T2x thank you for all of your input on the Chris in the past threads. I am still interested in what setup was considered the best with a big block Chris. #3's, #4's or #5's with or without boxes. Again, I have been told #3's without but I am not sure.

Whirlygig

Fastest Shadows ran.... against the transom with #3's...but that was before 4's or 5's.

Today I'd go with #6's against the transom........

But each boat is different (C/G, power etc) and the props available today (5 blades) might change the whole dynamic...... In most cases however we did not experience much improvement with set backs.

T2x

McGary911 01-23-2004 05:30 PM

Originally posted by T2x
Nope...That is a Baja.

T2x

I thought the same, but just confirmed that Last Rolling Thunder was a Baja....Current is a Cougar.

Fast Shafts 01-23-2004 05:40 PM

Mc Gary,
There are two Rolling Thunders, one a Baja, the other is a Jaguar.