Notices

The word "Perception"

Old 02-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The word "Perception"

It seems to be the word of the week. What is your "perception" of this product??? or.. Does it rate? or not? "Percetion" seems to be "B.S."
Old 02-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh Weedhopper, One's perception is one's reality
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If people perceive your product to be great (even if it's junk) they will buy it. Witness: 8-track tapes, VHS video, and Bravos.

If people perceive your product to be junk (even if it's great), they will avoid it like the plague....

Therefore, in the real world,

"Perception = Reality"

It's not fair, but that's life. At least as I perceive it...
Old 02-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess your right C_Spray. Seems like B.S., but its actually reality.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perception is unfortunately often times reality. As C_Spray has so wisely articulated. (He always seems to do that ) And possesion is 9/10 of the law. Unfortunately these are the facts of life that we have to deal with.

I think C_Spray is really CONFUSCIOUS in puder speak.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered

My perception Too Old is that you you have begun to type like puder. Or is that true?
Old 02-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

perception is like conjecture which is like opionions which is like ---holes. everybody has one. which means perceptions really mean nothing?
Old 02-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Ric232

8-Track tapes and VHS videos WERE great products, in REALITY. They became junk as a result of innovation, which is when people stopped buying them.

Now, if you perceive a product to be great because of its advertising (i.e. Crane rocker arms) but they are actually of lower quality than another (unadvertised) product that is CURRENTLY available (i.e. Harland Sharps), that's where consumers because victims of product perception.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered

Whats wrong with Bravos?? I agree, each person perceives things based on past experience or in most cases (which is wrong) what they hear about a product or service. Too many people take others words at face value and claim that as their perception....without even trying the product or service or looking into the situation with an open mind. This starts a chain reaction that could cause this close minded person to pass on a great thing, or pay too much for something that may work great for one but horribly for all. Then they perceive they are stupid for jumping on the band wagon and in reality that perception is truth....they are stupid. So, don't perceive a persons idea or recommendation is in fact a sure thing and use your own judgment. Then your perception turns to reality. Here is an example...If you perceive, because of what you heard, that jumping off a cliff is the thing to do, and go ahead and jump from this cliff, you perceived this person just jumped and survived, you did not realize this person had a parachute and now you are 1 foot tall.