Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT- snowmobile trips (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69144-ot-snowmobile-trips.html)

Playn 01-16-2004 01:41 PM

Originally posted by MitchStellin
Hey Keith, want to go next weekend? Paradise is good right now, the west wind blew the snow to the east end of the UP. It went from GM to Paradise. Sgrady, you going to be there next weekend?
Mitch, I'm heading to Tip Up Town next weekend.

LEOPAJM 01-16-2004 01:54 PM

I just heard from some guys that Houghton has AWESOME snow and trails were great !!!!

Think they're full of **** or what ????

JM

MitchStellin 01-16-2004 01:56 PM

If all holds there should be ice and snow there, have fun and be safe, tons of crazys there. Sgrady, we will be there Friday. If you PM me a cell # that has service (verison is good there) I'll call you and maybe meet half way.

Cord 01-16-2004 02:03 PM

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
I just heard from some guys that Houghton has AWESOME snow and trails were great !!!!

JM

Everything from Eagle river and north has been rated "Excellent" for the past week! :hothead:

Wally 01-16-2004 02:13 PM

Cord i was gonna say hit Sait Germain (its just west of Eagle river) the only downfall is that it has some heavy tourist sled traffic. But they groom 24/7 around there! Another great place is Manitowish(sp) just north of there and south of Hurley....also great sledding and if you go west from Manitowish you hit "the flow" which is a bunch of waterfalls that are frozen during the winter. Cool area. Wish i had a video camera when a bunch of guy we were with were doing some river crossings over open water.....first it was one guy then they got braver and two guys on one sled.....then a third jumped on the back grab bars.....on the final run a fourth guy jumped on the hood of the sled!!! They made it all the way across the river untill they hit the ice damn right at the rivers edge and bucked the sled up in the air! :eek: everyone made it but the guy on the grab bar!!! he was standing in waist high cold water!!! we all had to ride back about 30min to get to the hotel (which was the closest thing anywhere) took 3 guys to pry him off the sled!! Like in the dumb and dumber movie when they rode into town on the minibike this guy was solid from the waist down!!!!! We put him in the tub and he soaked in his cloths for about an hour!!! LMAO!!!!! :D :D

Playn 01-16-2004 02:14 PM

JM

Are you asking about Houghton or Houghton Lake??

LEOPAJM 01-16-2004 02:37 PM

Houghton Lake

LEOPAJM 01-16-2004 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Tantrum
Ride SW Newhampshire when theres snow...havent been there yet this season.
Last weekend up to Tug Hill
Next weekend Old Forge, Tug Hill or NH however has the white stuff.

Where you stay in Old forge ???

Playn 01-16-2004 03:02 PM

Houghton Lake
trail report from yesterday

Sounds like it's pretty good (actually better than usual).

I have a friend with a place on the lake heading up there now so when I talk to him later I'll ask and let you know