Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need vacation advice - caribbean (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69249-need-vacation-advice-caribbean.html)

T2x 01-19-2004 09:55 AM

I'll regret this if word gets around........but.

www.windstarcruises.com

It gets my highest endorsement.

T2x

cbdragon 01-19-2004 10:00 AM

Costa Rica. More thing to do than you'll have time for. I go for 2 weeks every year. If you want to know more you can call me 954-614-2591

CBR 01-19-2004 10:45 AM

WTF!!! No one here does bareboat charters in the Carib? Snailboat or powerboat. I have not done it either, but it sure looks like the best vacation bet.

masi242 01-19-2004 01:11 PM

I think we are going back to st. john in nov. but we will be renting a house, nice an quiet. I know it`s not for everybody but it`s beautiful. I also like barbados.:D

Wasabe 01-19-2004 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wouldn't know however all you need for a great vacation is a warm beach and plenty of...

rockstrmkr 01-19-2004 01:41 PM

"Goldeneye" in Jamaica

Limited to a few dozen guest at a time, the property used to belong to Ian Fleming, and some of the James bond novels were written there.
Private chefs for anything you want to eat, and gracious white glove service for everything else...

By far the best vacation I've ever had. The week my wife and daughter and I were the only guests on the property...it was over the top in every way imaginable...

www.islandoutpost.com

We had the main house, which was very pricey, but worth it...
Island Outpost does have tons of other beautiful properties in the caribean....you can't go wrong

Ms PatriYacht 01-19-2004 03:44 PM

Funny so many people like Aruba, I thought it was barren, brown and windy. An island that is very pretty is Grenada and the natives are friendly. Did the sandals thing 2x both times in Jamaica, Montego Bay and Negril, we left only a few times but were with an arranged group. At this point I would not go to another Jamaica resort but would definitely return to Sandals. For us it is perfect, a camp for adults; we took advantage of everything from scuba, watersking, windsurfing, sunfish sail boats, and of course rum and the swim up bars. Since we went by ourselves we also enjoyed the camaraderie of the other guests. Exclusive is definitely more expensive so unless you take advantage of all the stuff I think you could have plenty to drink at non exclusive resort and not spend as much. If you like Sandals, try one on another island, they treat their returning guests extra special.

Whitey 01-19-2004 04:37 PM

I have cruised twice in the VI and we really like to hit as many ports as possible. It is such an awesome area to ck out. My wife loved St Thomas(shopping) ouch..
We are leaving again the first week of Feb and can not wait to get out of the cold. We are flying to Puerto Rico and are hitting St. Thomas, Barbados, Dominica and Aruba. 13 days and counting......Dwight

Love Machine 01-19-2004 05:29 PM

I just got back today from a three night cruise out of Miami to Nassau via Carnival Fascination.

Man, cruises suck! We felt like cattle being herded though the throngs! If you are independent, DO NOT take a cruise.

On the flip side ...the Bahamas were awesome. The water was magnificent. Didn't see a single fu(kin' speed boat though.

Keep this thread going. I'm going on a honeymoon in April and I want to do it in the Caribbean.:D

tripps 01-19-2004 07:05 PM

The Bahamas are the place for me,been to a few isles a coupla times,and love,next time go on a ride on the thriller ,its a 50 ft cat that goes 70,with 25 people and takes you on a nice 1.5 hr cruise for 35 pp. Yeah,no speedboats like were used to !! Tripps