Notices

APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Old 01-18-2004, 09:03 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Well here we are a couple years down the road ... Apache hasn't built a new boat yet and it doesn't seem like too many have changed hands out there either ???

Yet ... whenever there's ANY mention of Apache on here the natives get restless and the place goes NUTS (and alot of the most vocal don't even own one !?!?!?

So I'm surfin around this am and I zip thru the classifieds to find a ton of Apaches for sale (two whole pages) and I know there's a bunch of guys runnin around lookin to buy one .... so what gives ??? Do the guys that are selling stuck at too high a price ??? Or is my buddy from the south on to something when he says ... " Aw nobody wants to actually run these things DAMMIT ... they just want to hang around the bar and talk about it !!!"

Well ??????
Well here's my .02...I have personally owned a few of these boats and currently do not have one, BUT I am going to have another one as soon as money permits.

The people that are most vocal about buying one I have personally told them of many great deals and then the excuses start some of which are viable and most very petty. The petty ones could be easily fixed or you could just put on a pair of sunglasses as most of these boats are very loud which is how most were created. That being said most of the people that want one couldn't really afford the upkeep because it is expensive to do it. When I ran Geronimo for instance for 2 hours of running it took about 6 hrs (as a general rule of thumb) of clean up and other stuff to put it away until next time. So now if you don't want to deal with that you need to get someone that will CORRECTLY take care of that for you. Both cost money not an exorbitant amount but still enough.

Also these things seem to run in cycles when they become available and they seem to run in 2-3 year cycles. That is what probably explains a lot of them popping up for sale currently.

I hope this helps to explain some of the insanity that is happening now.

Sean
Old 01-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sean !

I bought one that you personally did some work on !

I'm impressed
Old 01-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

the Apache name in offshore does have a mystic around it thats for sure, but what i believe it comes down to is the fact that it is a 10-20 yr old boat that in many cases needs alot of TLC, is hard to finance and insure. I would love to have a ride in a Apache so that i could experience first hand what the feel is. I have looked at a few over the past couple yrs and each one would have needed conciderable $$ put into the boat to end up with a reliable and cosmetically attractive boat ( updated interior, paint etc. ) .
later
Old 01-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by later
the Apache name in offshore does have a mystic around it thats for sure, but what i believe it comes down to is the fact that it is a 10-20 yr old boat that in many cases needs alot of TLC, is hard to finance and insure. I would love to have a ride in a Apache so that i could experience first hand what the feel is. I have looked at a few over the past couple yrs and each one would have needed conciderable $$ put into the boat to end up with a reliable and cosmetically attractive boat ( updated interior, paint etc. ) .
later

I agree and disagree...I had no difficulty with financing and Bob Luellen hooked me up with a pretty good deal on insurance.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:08 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Sean , Have you talked to Ike yet? Give me some inside info....what's he looking at?

P.S. I am his brother...It's a need to know thing!!!
Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally posted by R Addiction
Hey Sean , Have you talked to Ike yet? Give me some inside info....what's he looking at?

P.S. I am his brother...It's a need to know thing!!!
Sent him a PM and haven't heard back from him.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lucy merc special is being repowered as we type.the cost is heavy.most are sold when they get tired.fortunatly we invested in xtra power instead of graphics.to repower from scatch heap big bucks and a lot of down time.240 hours is what we got out of new 800sc.leaned #7 on the pump motor.we hope to be running in a week.3 week down time......

cya lucy........
Attached Thumbnails APACHE ... "What should you buy?"-mm.jpg  
Old 01-18-2004, 09:13 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

36................47.................22........... ..?
Old 01-18-2004, 09:13 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally posted by Wes Smith
Hey Sean !

I bought one that you personally did some work on !

I'm impressed
Well thank you. I am sending you a PM as we speak here.

Sean
Old 01-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lucy
lucy merc special is being repowered as we type.the cost is heavy.most are sold when they get tired.fortunatly we invested in xtra power instead of graphics.to repower from scatch heap big bucks and a lot of down time.240 hours is what we got out of new 800sc.leaned #7 on the pump motor.we hope to be running in a week.3 week down time......

cya lucy........

Whats on the sling.Formula or Chris craft Stinger?

Quick Reply: APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.