Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APACHE ... "What should you buy?" >

APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Notices

APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Old 01-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1975 28 cig ss.saugatuck mich.broward shipyard.note the tow vehicle.the boat i bought from mike freidman.his first offshore boat he rigged himself................
Attached Thumbnails APACHE ... "What should you buy?"-mm..jpg  
Old 01-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I fit into the catagory of vocal wannabuy.
When considering something as expensive as a clean used Apache I have to really like the boat. I'm talking paint, power, interior, price and condition. And yes insurance could be a deal breaker. Sy Goldberg gave me the best insurance quote on a Apache I was considering.
Maybe I am cheap, maybe the two Apaches I like are overpriced, but until I feel comfortable with making what I consider a major purchase then I will not do it. I will continue to shop. Since it is my money that I am spending I will decide when and on what I will spend it. If it is your money I would spend the hell out of it plus order extra engines, outdrives etc. I would keep Sean so busy doing upgrades he would not need another customer.
In conclusion I wish all prospective Apache buyers and sellers....Happy Hunting.

Last edited by CigaretteFirefox; 01-18-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

cigfox; i would suggest buying without power.start fresh know what you have.take care of it like you paid for it.reading your past posts you seem skepticle.good way to be when buying.my 2 cents.........

cya lucy...............
Attached Thumbnails APACHE ... "What should you buy?"-aaaaa008.jpg  
Old 01-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

fred.the bottom line is each and every boat has its own spec.so each boat has a differant attatude. therefore each has its own value.meanstreak looks like mine but weighs twice as much.mine rigged by tommy evans meanstreak tommy oquin.they are all very differant.
Attached Thumbnails APACHE ... "What should you buy?"-ben-kramer.jpg  
Old 01-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Registered

fred you are informed.most sellers are looking for the uninformed impulse buyer.this is only my 2cents.

cya lucy...........
Old 01-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Registered

I DID ..................
Old 01-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think alot of owners get confused about what a boat is worth...... A boat is only worth what the market will bring at sale...period. You can ask for the sky in price but until that boat sells you have not gotten to FMV. This is true for Apache, Cig, Baja, etc. There are quite a few people with distorted views of value of their rigs and there seems to be a lack of understanding of the difference between asking price and FMV.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lucy
I DID ..................
Mark, lets talk about the NY hat.Are you still wearing the same one from 30 years ago or do you have hundreds of them

Do you wear it to bed also
Old 01-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I wonder if it has a lot to do with the financing and the price together?

I recently put a bid on a 36' and was approved for a loan that had all the risk put on me and the payments were thru the roof.

The boat was what I was looking for in terms of length and overall appeal. It needed a lot of work though and no one was willing to give me details on the condition of the motors. It needed interior, paint touch up, and maybe going thru the motors and drivetrain. All that doesn't scare me because I do everything myself except upholstry. Anyone who knows me knows that I barely ever have downtime with my boat.

What did scare me was what the bank explained to me. They said that there were a few factors involved. I applied for a 15 yr loan so that my payments would be reasonable. The bank felt that the boat being a 1995 with BIG power would have no value in 15yrs and if i were to default on the loan they could not get their money back. They were willing to give me a 7 yr. loan with payments that were double. I was not willing to take the risk or change my lifestyle. I will just have to wait and same more $$ so this is not an issue.

Bottom line is I need to have hard cash to buy these boats because it is a luxury and not an investment.

Hopefully in the meantime intrest rates don't go thru the roof and there will still be some good deals out there when I am ready.

Panther
Old 01-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Registered

41 apache no power.40,000.my 2cents
Attached Thumbnails APACHE ... "What should you buy?"-lb004.jpg  

Quick Reply: APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.