Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APACHE ... "What should you buy?" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69284-apache-what-should-you-buy.html)

BLee 01-19-2004 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And this boats debut at the boat show later that year.

sgrady 01-19-2004 08:53 AM

back4more,

agreed on the cost issues, you can make a light boat that will do 100 MPH on small power but you will lose the ride, it is a give and take. You have to make the choice, in the end though the cost are going to be similar in most cases. Ride offer still open if you want to go. Boat should be finished in 4-5 weeks.

Fred,

56 and 57 is Warparty the 36 short stagger and had Merc 800's at the time on 3A's. It is in PA last I can remember, I do not think that it is for sale though. It is one of the best paint jobs I had seen. I too was there right after they finished it. Great Boat.

Scott

lucy 01-19-2004 09:34 AM

fatal attraction56 57

sgrady 01-19-2004 09:42 AM

You are correct sorry, War Party was the other pics I did not post.

lucy 01-19-2004 10:00 AM

carry on scott.

sgrady 01-19-2004 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Still in PA, though power and info was correct wrong name .:rolleyes:

sgrady 01-19-2004 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Lucy and Mark.

WickedWon 01-19-2004 10:52 AM

It's Very Simple

When it comes to big older Apaches you either want one or you don't, you can afford to own one or you can't. Nothing else matters, trying to justify the dollars or mph/$ ratio really has nothing to do with desire. If the sight/sound of an Apache gives ya "the wood" NOTHING ELSE MATTERS ! If you can afford it BUY IT, don't ever try and justify any Offshore boat purchase cause IT'S ALL SILLY SH#T but this is America and thats what we do here, that is WHATEVER WE WANT.... ain't it great ;) :D

BTW The rule of thumb on any toy purchase or expense is, if the cost really affects your life, DON'T DO IT ! If it's just another bill to pay consider it, and remember all things are realative especially $'s. One guys 11' Whaler is the same thing as another guys fresh OL or whatever.
I'll never forget being on a friend of a friends 70' Hatteras SF several years ago in the Bahamas. We took on 1800 gals of diesel at $ 2.35 gal, the owner never so much as looked at the total, thats when it really "sunk in" for me ;)

BLee 01-19-2004 10:59 AM

Originally posted by sgrady
Still in PA, though power and info was correct wrong name .:rolleyes:
Isn't that Joe from Georgia's 36? Along with his Jaguar cat?

SLINGSHOT 01-19-2004 11:48 AM

yeah some guys have a weekly paycheck that can pay for a ferrari...so perspective is always a big factor when looking at cost effectiveness