Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APACHE ... "What should you buy?" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69284-apache-what-should-you-buy.html)

LEOPAJM 01-18-2004 08:33 AM

APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Well here we are a couple years down the road ... Apache hasn't built a new boat yet and it doesn't seem like too many have changed hands out there either ???

Yet ... whenever there's ANY mention of Apache on here the natives get restless and the place goes NUTS (and alot of the most vocal don't even own one !?!?!?

So I'm surfin around this am and I zip thru the classifieds to find a ton of Apaches for sale (two whole pages) and I know there's a bunch of guys runnin around lookin to buy one .... so what gives ??? Do the guys that are selling stuck at too high a price ??? Or is my buddy from the south on to something when he says ... " Aw nobody wants to actually run these things DAMMIT ... they just want to hang around the bar and talk about it !!!"

Well ??????

CAP071 01-18-2004 08:41 AM

I was thinking the same thing! I seen a whole page full of them for sale. But I was looking for a 2000-2003 model year :D

R Addiction 01-18-2004 08:45 AM

CAP.....key word there is LOOKING!!!:p

CAP071 01-18-2004 08:47 AM

Hey Now cut me some slack I'm trying :)

I can't believe how many dealers on boattrader don't even respond to e-mail inquires

CAP071 01-18-2004 08:49 AM

Hey addiction how far are you from

ALL STAR MARINE
2434 Holly Neck Road
Baltimore, MD 21221 ?

WesSmith 01-18-2004 08:52 AM

Re: APACHE ... "What should you buy?"

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
Well here we are a couple years down the road ... Apache hasn't built a new boat yet and it doesn't seem like too many have changed hands out there either ???

Yet ... whenever there's ANY mention of Apache on here the natives get restless and the place goes NUTS (and alot of the most vocal don't even own one !?!?!?

So I'm surfin around this am and I zip thru the classifieds to find a ton of Apaches for sale (two whole pages) and I know there's a bunch of guys runnin around lookin to buy one .... so what gives ??? Do the guys that are selling stuck at too high a price ??? Or is my buddy from the south on to something when he says ... " Aw nobody wants to actually run these things DAMMIT ... they just want to hang around the bar and talk about it !!!"

Well ??????

I saw the same thing.

I looked around for a very long time before I purchased mine because I wanted something that was near perfect and so much of what I saw wasn't ( although it was advertised to be ) .

Can't speak for the other potential buyers though !

:cool:

SLINGSHOT 01-18-2004 08:52 AM

to me most are priced really fair, I think these guys want to get a bargain on something that you just won't get a bargain on, simply for the fact that most guys who own them don't need to sell them so they will sit until some one pays what they want..

R Addiction 01-18-2004 08:57 AM

Originally posted by CAP071
Hey addiction how far are you from

ALL STAR MARINE
2434 Holly Neck Road
Baltimore, MD 21221 ?

About 25 miles closer than you!!

My brother in law had a 22 Stingray and we used to take it there for warranty issues. Why? It is on Middle River....want to go by boat? I'm up for that, let me grab my waterproof parka. I'll meet you at Morrows!!:p

CAP071 01-18-2004 08:59 AM

They have a boat I'm interested in down there. Let's go take it for a test ride. there's gotta be some waves that we can jump out there today! :D

Payton 01-18-2004 09:00 AM

I would love to be running an Apache! With my budget, I have to look at every cost. I simply can't afford to.
Even If I were to find one for a steal of a price, I still would have to pay the insurance evey year. A 10 year old hull with 700-800hp per side. The insurance rates would be a deal breaker!
I think there are a lot of guys like me out there.

If something new, Apache based, comes out( I hope it does) I am sure it also will be out of my price range untill I retire and sell a farm or two.;)
Untill then, I'll always be a dreamer.:cool: