Notices

Why do women smoke? :(

Old 01-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I smoke because I enjoy it. Yeah, I said it. Everyone said smoking would stunt my growth. I stand 6'8" tall. Disliking someone because they smoke is rediculous. People can quit smoking. If you find someone who you can get along with and enjoy what they have to offer don't let cigarettes stop you. There are always going to be imperfections in people no matter what.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not a matter of disliking; it is a matter of a one persons voluntary conduct infringing on your enjoyment of clean air. It effects that way your hair, boat and clothes smell. It makes them appear uneducated and unthoughtful. Try dining outside when the lady or man at the next table holds their cigarette behind them next to your table. (Yardhouse).

I would let her know just why your not following-up on the meet. A little more honesty might make people a lot more thoughtful.

Ed B
Old 01-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Ask Mr. Phillip Morris about his parents who died young ( of WHAT )
Old 01-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uneducated? WTF The Greatest Four Men of WWII smoked Churchill smoked, Eisenhower smoked, Roosevelt smoked, and MacArthur Smoked. We won that one. Remember.

Don't sit in the smoking section.

I'm smoking right now.

You can always count on one thing, you are going to die. You just don't know when or how.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Registered

Yes back in the day everybody smoked, Doctors would smoke while you talked to them. It didn't use to be illegal to drink and drive, should we lift that law? I don't care if you smoke or not but it seems pretty dam stupid to me when we know what it's doing to you.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... imagine that... I can remember my Mother and her Boyfriend having cocktails while motoring along... as long as you weren't intoxicated... it was ok.... I believe every man has a right to a choice.... smoke and have your lungs rot out.... or don't smoke and live longer... But don't burn holes in my clothes... my upholstery... my carpeting and flooring... litter my yard with your butts, and make my have to pay for your health care through higher taxes.. I go crazy when people put out cig butts on my floor and don't pick them up... I can't stand walking on cig butts. And for gods sake... don't make me smell like a smoker.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Registered

I smoked.

I started at about 13 and quit about 5 years later. I went out partying, bummed 1 cigarette and was hooked again. I quit a second time for good.

My dad smoked.

He was in his mid 60's when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He fought it for about 2 years, and when things went downhill, it got real bad.

The morphine helped ease the pain, but it did have side effects. The chemo made everything he ate taste burnt. He was layed up in bed for about 2 of the last months. I remember getting him to lay on a blanket so I could drag him to the bathroom when he was weak.

During the last couple of weeks he went into a coma. We knew he could hear us because of his slight reaction to certain words, etc. The last few days his breathing started having pauses between breaths. The pauses got longer, and eventually he took his last breath.

It is a hell of a lot easier to quit, than to die from cancer.
I would rather cut off my hand than to smoke.