NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Notices

NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Old 01-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Looking for a fishing boat, what do you guys know about WWW.Worldclasscats.com www.tritonboats.com , I checked them out seem real good, in my local area for service, but Im not as knowledgable as some of you guys and need advice. The boat will be used primarily as a fish but mostly family weekend excursions, dont want to use the Nortech every weekend, the boat will be replacing my 2003 Sea-Doo 22' Islandia deck boat, need something more stable to reach the islands, Thanks everyone, Jeff

Last edited by JASSMAN; 01-20-2004 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i looked at those world class cats in bay st louis, nice layout and 2 big 4 stokes, get there quick. thought you have to go out real far to get to deep water fishing or are you talking the chanduelir island chain???
Old 01-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both are great boats. I fished off a 32' WC last summer. I can't say enough nice things about that boat!

Try not to confuse these cats to offshore racing cats... Offshore racing style cats use the tunnel to pack air and lift the boat out of the water to increase speed. While the tunnel in these fishing boats will do the same thing at a high enough speed, they never really reap the benefits of the lift because they don't get going fast enough. Instead, the layout of the cat is used more for its rough water handling, wide beam (space and stability), and large open deck. They are not luxury boats, but rather task oriented and very function fishing boats. If you have the coin for one of these I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Open72, yes, that was the same dealer, I bought my Ford from Charlie Henderson next door, and he also owns the boat dealership, he's a real straight shooter. The Seadoo on a rough day isnt task oriented for the job, its more of a river runner, and now I have to alieviate more stress (doctors orders) I have to get another hobby, and Chandelier is where we want to go, along with all the islands, Cat Island and Ship Island. Join us anytime you want, bring your boat down or ride with us, Ive got a Nortech also, would like to meet you guys. Thanks Jeff

SS930, thanks for the info, Im looking at the 250, or 270 suv, all around for some fishing and family oriented. The info on the ride is what Im concerned about, speed isnt that important, 45-60mph would make me happy, thanks Jeff

Last edited by JASSMAN; 01-20-2004 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:03 AM
WickedWon

Default Strange But Good

I was on a ( 25or27 ?) WC last summer. Amazing ride in a 2' chop, very stable a good safe platform to fish or swim off of. The two big Hondas ran exactly as you would expect almost electric in operation. The thing is more of an appliance than a boat, slower than it should have been ( maybe 42- 45mph) and strange when you turned it, except around the dock where it rules. My opinion, its low on fun ( compared to a similar size and powered mono hull) but very high on utility. I don't know what happens when it gets really rough and the tunnel starts to slap, but it does run well at low speeds so you can probably always chug home regardless. You really need to run one they're that different. They have none of the characteristics of a air entrapment cat except turning, the thing never really gets on plane, it just picks up speed, kinda weird but it works.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy that had a Glacier Bay 26 something.. It is very similar to the WC. Very nice boat but I never went out on it with really rough seas. I am with WickedWon.. It is very high on utility so to take the family out to the islands it should be a sure bet. Don't think the fun factor really matters when you have a Nortech as your primary boat.. The only thing is you might miss the Nortech when you are out there. Always happens to me.. When I don't take my boat out and take my dad's fishing boat, I spot a potential race contender and wish I had my boat.. WC I think is your best bet. Just my 2 cents..
Old 01-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

JEFF, WHY EVEN BOTHER, YOU CAN CHARTER BOATS ALL ALONG THE COAST, LESS HEADACHES,NO TOWING , JUST SHOW UP , GO FISH , COME BACK , MOST OUT THERE WILL CLEAN THE CATCH, IN THE BOX , BACK TO DIAMOND HEAD. NO CLEANING , MAINTENANCE, ETC. FRYING THE CATCH BY 3 IN THE AFTERNOON. LESS STRRESSS..........
Old 01-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Registered

Hi Jeff,

This is the line drawing of the new 36' Pantera Survivor "twin stepped" C.C. "Fish" that we will be offering this Summer.

We will power this new model with twin or triple outboards or I/Os.

You will be the first to your fishing destination.

We will also be offering this C.C. in a few different configurations including the S.U.B. version which will include 6 stand up bolsters ( 2 rows of three ), a forward cabin and a wide open deck.The S.U.B. model is a cross between a C.C. and a sport boat.

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats
Attached Thumbnails NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V-survivor-center-console-drawing.jpg  
Old 01-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Registered

This will be the design layed out for the "true fisherman".

Jo - Pantera
Old 01-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Registered

Here it is.

JO
Attached Thumbnails NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V-36%5C-c.jpg  

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.