Notices

Help please!!

Old 01-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please!!

Can anyone give me some info on Fort Myers, Fl for example taxes,car insurance, rent,job market, and how long you have to be a resident to get assitance for college my girlfriends sister has this crazy idea of moving from Wisconsin to Florida on about 800.00 We keep on telling her she is full of **** Can you guys give me some real numbers so she can get a idea of what it's really going to cost.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same answer nothing!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

College assistance should come in the form of a student loan depending no what field that she will go into(nursing after graduation will apy off loans with a contract). Other than that I think (dont hold me) 6 months? maybe a year to get the residents discount. Rent can be anywhere from 400 up, bu tcloser to say 650 for a good place. The job market if your waiting tables is good for the season down there, slows a little during the sumer but winter ou can make a hauling. Car insurance is cheaper than here in OK, example a 1994 mazdz miata was 275 for a year full coverage, here its 375 go figure it costs as much as my truck does. Best advice, save up a little more to allow at least 3-4 months of bills to be covered without income for the time. If here car is insured leave it till the policy expires then do the changes. College, talk to the counslors, they might have a program.