Notices

torch lake

Old 01-19-2004, 08:33 AM
prichardson

Default torch lake

Luhrs Landing on the Torch river, a little rustic, put our 302 Baja in there all the time, saw a 36 go in there too. Float it off the trailer, keep your drives up in the river. Leave your labbed props home and do some exploring, great boating in Elk Lake too! They {Elk Lake} have a sand bar on the north east end that is little used. Elk River Inn, Steaks & Cocktails live music sometimes. Hey Dyno remember that ride from Lake Charleviox to Elk Rapids, think Whitey was there for a minute too. Big fun and Big water, put the life jackets on that day! Hope to make that fun run this year.

Old 01-19-2004, 08:37 AM
prichardson

Here's a pic of our "slip" at Luhrs.
Attached Thumbnails torch lake-baja-luhrs.jpg  

Old 01-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Man good to hear from you!! that was quite a ride back to Elk!!! That Sonic that Broke seas for me is for sale....damn I wish I could buy that big sob!!! Hope to have you along on the fun run!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will be up there alot this summer. wife's family has a place up there. great clean water. i kept my boat at "sand bar shop" last year for a weekend.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Originally posted by FAST353TECH
i will be up there alot this summer. wife's family has a place up there. great clean water. i kept my boat at "sand bar shop" last year for a weekend.
Where did you put in ????
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Registered

Default Memories

My wife and I did torch on sat. and dropped at elk rapids
on sun. this past summer. Made that trip to charlavoix and explored the whole lake, what a blast.
The last 15 minutes of our return trip was a little exciting. Were gonna need a bigger boat.
Life jackets were on as well. JC
Old 01-19-2004, 04:37 PM
sparky1

Great to see some fellow Torch Lakers! Been going up there all my life. We have a place on the south end. This coming summer will be my first year with the 353. I was able to launch my 271 right at the bridge but I'm not sure that will work for a 35 footer.

Looking forward to putting in at Elk Rapids and running on Michigan up there. How far is the ride to Charlevoix and are ther any issues with shallow water on the way up?

Old 01-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Sparky your good to go from Elk north stay out a mile or so and no problems with shallows....go around the west side of fishermans island just to be safe we should hook up in August when I'm up for vacation!!! My wifes family is from ElkRapids area so we go as much as we can!
Maybe we can have an OSO get together at Pearls!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:49 PM
sparky1

Dyno - thanks and it would be great to hook up somewhere up there. We are planning to be at Torch in late June through the 4th and then back for a week in Mid July. In between, we may even look for a place to leave our boat on the trailer in either Muskegon or Grand Haven and come back up for the poker run around the 9th of July. We're coming out of Chicago.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered

SPARKY1, WHAT YEAR IS YOUR 353 I TOO WILL HAVE MINE UP THERE. WE SHOULD ALL TRY TO HOOK UP.

Quick Reply: torch lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.