Notices

Torch Lake Michigan

Old 01-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torch Lake Michigan

Has anyone taken their boats to torch lake? Some friends of a friend take a group of boats up every year and i'm considering going up this summer but I don't know anything about the lake. I need to find out where the best place to launch the boat is (31') and I'm kind of curious if there are any restaurants or bars to go to or does everyone just go to party on the "sandbar". Thanks for any info, Eric.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get your boat off a couple places...dont really know the names of the ramps but get a good map and you can find them no sweat. One is way on the north end there is a small break wall there and one right where the river runs between elk and torch lakes way cool place. Dont miss the bay while your there way more to see there. The only bar I know of is Docksides its in the river running into clam lake good food!!!
If you gothe second week in August I'll show you the bays!!!

Last edited by dyno; 01-16-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Thanks dyno, I think these are the two ramps your talking about my software doesn't give you any detail on what they are and i'd hate to travel up there to find out their dirt ramps off the side of the road.

We were talking about going out on the bay too, where are the best places to go?

I'm not sure when they usually go, they may go for the forth of July, but if it's in august I'll meet you up there one day, first rounds on me.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

ofshore its the best boating in Michigan, once you go there you will spend all your vacation near the 45th parallel. We put in at ElkRapids great ramp lots of parking if you leave for the weekend they might ask you to put your trailer at the high school but they will give you a ride back. There is so much running there I dont know where to start....Suttons bay, North Port (waterfouls favorite) Petosky, Traverscity....the list goes on Powers Island in west bay is cool on weekends lots of nice rides! The ramps on Torch dont look like much but I can get my 31 in and out no problem. If you have doubts when you get there just stop at elkriver marina and ask for the best ramp they change from season to season. Torch is great if your running with smaller boats but I get bored in a day or so but if the bays are rough its a great place to run!!! You should go on the Northern Michigan Fun Run its early in June ever been to Beaver and Mackinaw Islands??? Great run !!!
Don
Old 01-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Originally posted by yellowbird
So you can access Lake Michigan from Torch Lake too.
NO
Old 01-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Registered

Don, isn't the Northern Fun Run in July?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Originally posted by tmager
Don, isn't the Northern Fun Run in July?
Tom your right!! it was the second weekend in july last year for some reason I keep thinking it was in June....becouse it was real cool remember? So if nothing changes it would be around the same time this year. Yzbert was saying that they may change the route some.....so stay tuned!
Old 01-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

yea it is sweet, i love it there...and the bays are great also ..like they said above..
Old 01-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

anyone interested in putting together another fun run say out of ElkRapids? "Bustin the Bays" has a nice ring to it. We could do like scotts group does put in say $50 per hand buy as many as you like winner takes all.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

The ramp your thinking about is at the north end in Torch Lk Village. Good ramp and a $5 parking fee. Toilets and picnic tables. Fair parking. Its a couple miles south of the intersection of 31 and M88. You turn in right at the party store on the east side of 31. Forget the ramps on the east side of the lake. Waste of time. I couldnt get my 27 Warlock in there. Short run down to the south end were the sandbar is. Lots of water cops on the south end.

Dan

Quick Reply: Torch Lake Michigan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.