Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where Can You Dock a Boat Overnight near the Miami Convention Center? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69472-where-can-you-dock-boat-overnight-near-miami-convention-center.html)

WetKitty42 01-19-2004 11:55 PM

Where Can You Dock a Boat Overnight near the Miami Convention Center?

Plan on going to Monty's on Friday afternoon.

Would prefer to leave the boat in Miami on friday night instead of driving it back to Boca in the Dark..

Need some suggestions...

Security is a major concern

DJD 01-20-2004 08:06 AM

Why not just keep it there at the Miami Beach Marina?That is right where Monty's is.

frequentflyer 01-20-2004 09:44 AM

Yea.. Call Miami Beach Marina and ask about their transient slips. You should be ok there..

Miami Beach Marina
300 Alton Rd
Miami Beach, FL
(305) 673-6000

Love Machine 01-20-2004 09:54 AM

I've stayed at Miami Beach Marina a couple times as a transient. Great place and very secure. Walk over to News Cafe for breakfast.

cigarette1 01-20-2004 10:14 AM

Does the Chia effect come into play if you run the boat daily. I'd like to leave the boat in the water for 4-5 days. I can take it out every couple of days to clean if necessary. Not worried about engines, I have closed-cooling.

G

frequentflyer 01-20-2004 10:31 AM

Originally posted by cigarette1
Does the Chia effect come into play if you run the boat daily. I'd like to leave the boat in the water for 4-5 days. I can take it out every couple of days to clean if necessary. Not worried about engines, I have closed-cooling.

G

4 or 5 days should not be a problem especially at Miami Beach Marina. Lots of water flowing / current. However, your hull may yellow a little if you leave it for more than 3 days.

bajabob38 01-20-2004 10:35 AM

Originally posted by cigarette1

G

Don't do that to that new boat

WetKitty42 01-20-2004 08:57 PM

Cig1,

If your going to be using the boat daily I don't think you will have a problem.

F-Flyer,

Thank you, I will call them tomorrow

WK

WetKitty42 01-29-2004 10:22 PM

I still can't find a slip for Friday night (13th)

Can anyone help?

Please let me know Times a wastin....

lucky strike 01-30-2004 07:24 AM

WK42-

You can leave the boat at my house overnight if you can't find a place. We are by Atlantic Blvd bridge. If you are staying in Boca, it is 15 minutes by car.

On one condition though: You have to give me a ride in that awesome Tiger!!! :D :D :D

LS JR.