Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V >

NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Notices

NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Old 01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jo - Very slick. I like the extra forward seating idea. Alas, new is out of my budget but I'll sure look forward to seeing it.

-Greg
Old 01-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Registered

Hey Jo... Nice machine. I would want it w/o the bowrail but the design looks very nice..
Old 01-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The standard C.C. version and the S.U.B. model will have an approximate 10 ft. cabin area.

The C.C. designed for " fishing " will not have a cabin area.The bow rail is on this design sketch for a true fisherman that we may be building one custom made shortly.

This C.C. model is going to be built to take Big Water abuse .We are going to build each one with a full hand laid race lamination and put the best parts on them for rough water abuse.

I like to try and power one with a pair of 525 EFIs just to play around with ( no fishing for me ).I don't even eat fish.

The S.U.B. model ( sport utility boat ) is going to be a real unique set up. It will be a one of a kind concept with very innovative features.

Regards,

JO - Pantera
Old 01-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

The World Cats are really nice. My neighbor has a 23 Center console and a 27 express cabin. The guy next door to hime has the 27 SF. They may not be the fastest boats around but they make a great fishing platform. With the 225 Hondas you can run them all week on a tank of gas. If you're looking to go fishing this is the way to go, just don't expect to be pushing 60 mph in them.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:11 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i heard superboat will be biulding a center console 30' and 34'

if you want a good stable fast boat for not much $$$ that is the way to go. ANd seeing as its afishboat and the cabin is used as storage the lack of cabin frills won;t be an issue
Old 01-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

[i]

( no fishing for me ).I don't even eat fish.

JO - Pantera [/B]
WAIT A SECOND, YOU LIVE IN PARIDISE AND
DON'T EAT FISH???? DAYUM
Old 01-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

Open 72,

I am a meat and potato kind of guy.I have never tried Seafood in my entire life.

This is our new 36' "twin Stepped" Pantera Survivor hull bottom the C.C. version will be based on. It runs strong in flat and rough water.

JO
Attached Thumbnails NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V-f2-71-st.-pete-race-crane.jpg  
Old 01-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Open 72 , chartering is great, but have to replace the SeaDoo Islandia for a every other day boat, for island hopping and going up the Jordan and Wolf rivers. We beach alot with usually 4-10 people and or kids. Plus then Ive got something a lttle larger to clean, which is also relaxing.

Jo and Pepe, awesome looking boat, love the lines, and I know the build quality will be awesome, but... I know as much as I want it , it will be out of my price range. Looking for 24-30' 50k-100k. thanks and good luck, Ill check it out at the Maimi show.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered

Hey Jassman,

The 2000 Pantera C.C. I had listed for sale here on OSO will be going to Ct. in the next couple of weeks to a new owner.This 28' C.C. would of worked good for you.It was in great condition.

Stop by and say hi while in Miami.We are located 15-20 minutes from the show.

Good luck in your search.Look in the South Florida Boat Trader.

Regards,

JO
Attached Thumbnails NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V-angel-28.jpg  
Old 01-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Jo, Sandy and I will stop by.

Frequentflyer, I checked out the GlacierBay, also nice but the WC is 10 miles away and build quality is a trade off, but about 10k more. And I could be wrong but from all the specs they seem about 5 mph slower, appreciate the help.

Wickedwon, the 27 WC I was on was very smooth in 2' water, I was pleased, just when you wish you had some big water for testing that day, it always happens to be the nicest day of the week. Ive lowered my expectations on speed, 45-55mph will be ok, and those Honda's are extremely effecient, thanks for the help, Jeff

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.