NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V >

NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Notices

NEED ADVICE Fish Boat... Cat or V

Old 01-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JASSMAN
[B] going up the Jordan and Wolf rivers. We beach alot with usually 4-10 people and or kids. Plus then Ive got something a lttle larger to clean, which is also relaxing.

the jordan river is a pain in the ass, usually go check out the fireworks behind the majic on the 4th. sandbar on the wolf is cool, have a friend with a house right inside of the bay in timber ridge. running seadoos up the wolf til' you can't go anymore, that's a blast. i would like to go out to the islands 1 year and stay on the
m/v "i'm alone ".
Old 01-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a sweet boat Jo, how about running that 28 CC in P class this year.

We work with a lot of tournament fishermen who travel sometimes 250 miles a day in the Gulf and Atlantic. They all use V bottom boats with 2 or 3 outboards. As far as they are concerned "in rough water, we go out when the cats are coming in". I personally am not an offshore fisherman but in big water, 6'-8', our fisherman customers all swear by V bottom boats.

Matt
Old 01-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you the 32' WC is great in good size water. I haven't been in the 27' so I cant comment on it. I have seen the two side by side... the 32' is much larger all around. If traveling in really big water is your concern, you might want to go with the vee, but you'll find the cat much more stable while at rest because of it's large beam.

I love the looks of many of todays sporty cc's, but the biggest problem I have with them is most are unstable while the boat is at rest. While fishing in rougher water you really get tossed around in these sporty vee's, not to mention once everyone goes to one side when a fish is on... the things feel like they are ready to roll over! They look sweet, go like hell, but I'll take a nice stable platform for fishing any day of the week... this is where the cats really shine. There also perfect for diving for the same reasons.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS930,

I agree the cats are great when the boat is still, not nearly as much rolling. They are also great in water conditions most boaters boat in. Like everything else about boats it comes down to what the owner intends to use the boat for. Take into account the advantages and disadvantages of the different boat designs and make an informed decision.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff, you need to look at the 26 Glacier bay, way better ride than any other cat, I fish on a 48 Southern cross and a 26 GB runs better in the rough, alot better. You need to go to 50+ in a V to compete with the glacier bay. The boat doesn't plane so you can carry alot. The World may be 5mph faster but only empty. Put 10 people gear etc.. and the Glacier Bay can't be beat. They will have them in water at miami this year, you have to ride one!