Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Feedback on Sony SONY CDX-MP70 >

Feedback on Sony SONY CDX-MP70

Notices

Feedback on Sony SONY CDX-MP70

Old 01-20-2004, 08:21 AM
mlitefan

Default Feedback on Sony SONY CDX-MP70

Going through the exercise of piecing together a new sound system for the boat. Spent considerable time last year looking and ran out of funds...Hey, it was a set of headers or tunes so I went for the headers.

Any how, I am looking at this deck and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it in the marine environment.

Will probably mate it with 4 Kicker 6.5 marine speakers with a 4 channel amp (suggestions welcomed) and would like to do 2 10 inch subs with anther amp driving them.

I am trying to hold my budget down to 3 grand, including installation, which I will not be doing as I want it to look good as well.

BillR, I pinged you on this last year but at this point, I seem to have destroyed the brain cells that held that info...

Old 01-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use that unit in my car and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that when you use it with the XM tuner it won't show the clock on the display. That is my only complaint. Other than that it is an awesome unit.

Roby
Old 01-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

I had that unit in my boat, it was great, i still have a brand new marine wired remote in the box for it, if you go that route.........oh, i sold the boat, thats why i said had...........
Old 01-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Registered

Had one in my Eliminator. Great unit! I had some issues with the transom mounted remote and the one on the helm. I'm pretty sure most of the issues were install related.
I'm looking to do some work on my current stereo. I will have 4-6.5" kicker speakers, 2-12" kicker subs and a kicker amp to power it all if you might be interested.
620-874-4280
Old 01-20-2004, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pm me the price of the remote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:00 AM
mlitefan

Yeah, the wired transom remote is a must for me as I tend to raft up and hang out on the back of the boat quite a bit.

I would also be interested in it if TOPDJ decides he doesn't want it.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered

Hmmm, Is there anything wrong with the wireless remote as to why you guys wern't using it? I can control my MP-70 from about 20' behind the car.

Roby
Old 01-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Feedback on Sony SONY CDX-MP70

Originally posted by mlitefan
Going through the exercise of piecing together a new sound system for the boat. Spent considerable time last year looking and ran out of funds...Hey, it was a set of headers or tunes so I went for the headers.

Any how, I am looking at this deck and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it in the marine environment.

Will probably mate it with 4 Kicker 6.5 marine speakers with a 4 channel amp (suggestions welcomed) and would like to do 2 10 inch subs with anther amp driving them.

I am trying to hold my budget down to 3 grand, including installation, which I will not be doing as I want it to look good as well.

BillR, I pinged you on this last year but at this point, I seem to have destroyed the brain cells that held that info...

When I got to the end of your post I thought it was your old friend winston posting(saying you destroyed your brain cells) anyway good luck with your project, nothing better then some good tunes while on the water.

P.S.
I do kind of mis old winston
Old 01-20-2004, 11:17 AM
mlitefan

LMAO!!! I am sure he has found a new home to spread his love.

Well at least this project will give me something to do as I sit and contemplate getting back on the water.

So why is it that the stereo system seems to be an afterthought in boats? Is it because the manufacturer knows that the owner will end up throwing something custom in there no matter what?

Kind of makes sense I guess.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone know how much the MP70 is running now
because I have a denon indash but have a disc changer
in the back because it tends not to skip there

Quick Reply: Feedback on Sony SONY CDX-MP70

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.