Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WEIGHT! is there really any substitute? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69522-weight-there-really-any-substitute.html)

Waterfoul 01-21-2004 08:40 PM

Geez, this thread has gotten Rough!! LOL!!

cigarette1 01-21-2004 08:53 PM

Originally posted by lotoparty
would you believe 4.5' - 5.5' :p
That's Funny :D

:cool:

CAP071 01-21-2004 08:54 PM

Big Girls like it rough! :p

bajabob38 01-21-2004 09:00 PM

Originally posted by WARPAINT
I hope some of you Pa, Md, De people will back me up on this...Run up the C&D canal in Elkton Md when there is four or five sportfisherman boats coming thru:eek:

I would bet you could find more than one six foot hole in the water;)

And yes caused by nothing more than boat wakes.

Been there done that!

WARPAINT 01-21-2004 09:03 PM

Originally posted by bajabob38
Been there done that!
Thank you,ruff ruff!!

Liberator21 01-21-2004 09:09 PM

I've never been in a comfortable Sea Ray in my life!

BAJA342 01-22-2004 11:56 AM

Warpaint,
I'll agree with that!! And there always in the middle or on the wrong side!!!

TEAMBAJA 01-30-2004 05:38 PM

Originally posted by TopSpin80
why are you even putting baja in the same category as nortech.... or any performance boat for that matter? Look what happens as they hit barges..... they delaminate. You can definately tell that the resin didn't permeate completely through the cloth.

Are you f*cking serious here?

I'll be the first to say this is the dumbest thing Ive have read on the internet in a long time.

Duhhhh, look what happens when it hits a barge. It got broke!! Duhhh! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TopSpin80 01-30-2004 08:05 PM

I'm not talking about it just breaking...everyone knows steel barges break fiberglass boats. The point I was trying go get across was that the lamination schedule of the baja in the picture was not good. There was a lot of fiberglass cloth in the structural parts of the hull which never touched resin. The dry fiberglass is because the resin didn't permeate through layers above it in the mold. It looked like they sat all the layers of glass in the mold and then tried to wet them all at the same time.

Ernie

I don't think there is any reason here for the f*cking.... I understand you are in the defense mode because the boat is a baja.

Maybe it is an inferiority complex baja owners have due to the lack of permeation in the fibers of their hulls. j/j

Big E 01-30-2004 10:37 PM

Originally posted by TopSpin80
I'm not talking about it just breaking...everyone knows steel barges break fiberglass boats. The point I was trying go get across was that the lamination schedule of the baja in the picture was not good. There was a lot of fiberglass cloth in the structural parts of the hull which never touched resin. The dry fiberglass is because the resin didn't permeate through layers above it in the mold. It looked like they sat all the layers of glass in the mold and then tried to wet them all at the same time.

Ernie

I don't think there is any reason here for the f*cking.... I understand you are in the defense mode because the boat is a baja.

Maybe it is an inferiority complex baja owners have due to the lack of permeation in the fibers of their hulls. j/j

Baja or no Baja what the hell are you talking about. If you can tell that much from a photo from a mangled wreck, why are you wasting your time on this board. Shouldn't you be out perfecting the latest design on the new space shuttle landing pad to Mars??? By looking at the photos from Mars you should have that figured out by now. After all, I can tell that Mars surface is permeated enough to construct a runway. DUHHH.:eek: