Notices

Reggie Fountain??

Old 01-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 1998 29' Fountain with a 502 mag, and from delivery it was horrible. It had half a tank of gas and 4 people on the test drive and the boat took about 3-4 minutes to plain. We were immediatly dissatisfied and told the guy to take it back right away. He assured us that once th eengine breaks in and the drive breaks in that everything will be ok. What a bogus excuse. A week later we called back and demanded them to take it back, or at least put another engine in it, we would pay extra. No dice. So we kept it for the summer. All the plexiglass window cracked in like 5 places. The seats were splitting at the seams. We then went to the boat NYC boat show and spoke with a factory guy, who was absolutly no help what so ever, every answer was im not sure why that happened, thats weird. We kept it for another 2 seasons. Every year new things went wrong, the lights didnt work, the steering was leakin the red steering fluid all over the cockpit. The rub rail was all comin apart. That year went to the NYC boat show again, tried to get better answers from them, still no help. Turned and went to the chriscraft booth, traded the fountain for a 28' Chris Craft Launch, which is a beautiful boat and very trouble free, and its goes 60 mph, which is 5 mph slower than the fountain

Try to get somewhere with your problems, but dont expect an answer. Im sorry it had to be this way with that boat, but live and learn

Justin
Old 01-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

im curious why you deal with the factory and not the dealer? any issues i have had related to warranty issues have been handled with the dealer promptly. have you all started there.

later
Old 01-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a firm believer that the manufacturer has to stand by its product and respond to the customer....these aren't peanuts we're paying....I purchased a Lotus Turbo Esprit....kept having electrical problems, one day the window would go down, other days it wouldn't, same with the pop up lights.......dealer couldn't figure it out.....they called England, chief Lotus engineer calls me from England!!! damn, that impressed me, they ended up having to replace the wiring harness, I almost made the dealer take the car back, but Lotus, England, proved to me they stand by their product......Reggie should do the same!
Old 01-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Oh, BTW, I drive an NSX now
Old 01-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Registered

no problems, ever, so I don't expect a call from Tokyo
Old 01-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Indy
I'm with ya...this Fountain thing gets old fast and is a complete bore anymore. Face it fellas, all boats have problems...yes Cigarette and Outer Limits also.
Trying to pin problems to a specific brand of boat is a joke.
I have a friend who purchased a Formula and had to send it back to the factory for repairs TWICE.
And yes his boat did get straightened out with persistence on his behalf.
I still think that Formulas are great boats and wouldn't consider being rude as to insult my fellow Formula owners on the board,
Or any other brand for that matter.
Everyone I know has boat trouble (new or used) from time to time.
I don't bash other brands because I realize that all
boats have their problems.
I never had a problem with people bashing on Fountains except on this board.
Must be a great feeling cutting on other people's equipment.
Sitting behind your keyboard
Old 01-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Registered

I do not think Alli-Runner has compalined or bashed Fountain. They have "tried" to fix his boat but each time they don't, and he gets a little more frustrated!!! One trip back to the factory should have sufficed. He provided a list to the warranty department and they just half fixed everything. If he sends if back now, it will have been back three times and has been at the factory more than he has had it. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree... it's not about "bashing" Fountain it was about stating facts based on real events. My take was they have more problems then most, and it seems that Reggie doesn't give a hoot about his customers, just his ego and kilo record... Just ask Alli-Runner.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by DoTheMath
My take was they have more problems then most, and it seems that Reggie doesn't give a hoot about his customers, just his ego and kilo record... Just ask Alli-Runner.
They make more boats than the custom manufacturers, I'm sure if the others had the volume that Fountain has, there would be plenty of complaints. I have also read pleanty of postitives on this board about the Fountain product and factory so I don't think that is a fair statement

Ali Runner has not publicly stated his issues with his boat and I respect him for that. He is trying to resolve the issue the proper way and he has every right to expect a response to his issues from the manufacturer.

My issue is with the contant stream of rable rousing dribble when it comes to Fountain the product and person whenever anybody mentions the name. It just gets old after a while...beaks, chains, pants, hair, speed records, blah blah blah....ugh!

BTW...I do not own a Fountain nor do I expect to, but I respect the product for what it is and the person who built a successful boat building enterprise. Now Reggie...call him back and settle the issue!!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered

I think it is about bashing Fountain and I'm not
referring to Alli-Runners troubles with his boat.
It seems more often that not that I read a post
concerning a Fountain and it isn't but three or four
replies later and some jerk is spouting off snyde
remarks.

Quick Reply: Reggie Fountain??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.