Notices

Sarasota

Old 01-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sarasota

You Sarasota members can help me out here. I have been thinking of making a move there from Houston. Since business here is slow the decision is being made easier every day. Do any of you know a good online source for job searching in that area?

Thanks
Roby
Old 01-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try www.heraldtribune.com its the website for the local newspaper.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Registered

Roby, what kind of work are you interested in? I'll help out in any way I can. Outlaw
Old 01-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Registered

NOR-TECH IS LOOKING FOR RIGGERS!!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I do now is sales for a local Alemite lubrication equipment distributor. I'm also the I.T. tech/web designer for the company. (I actually wear too many hats to list ) I learned there that I had an impeccable sales ability and really cashed in on it. In 2003 we really hit a slump and I was at the ceiling as far as promotions could go.

On a personal note I was very happy with it until the recent loss of my father who got me in the business. All of my long time clients who ask about him keep me going down that depressing road of notifying them of his passing. That coupled with the slow down in business has got me wanting to pull up roots and go grasp a new venture. I am soon to be married to the love of my life and then we will seriously consider getting out of Houston. If I have to accept less money and benefits in trade for a taller ladder of opportunity then so be it. I will do it.

Outter42, in 1996 I was rigging for a local marine dealership here in Spring (Capt. Kirks in the Woodlands) I did this for one summer when I was laid off. Of course when the boating season was over I was laid off again. 55 hours a week and hard work but I loved every minute of it.

Roby