Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hawaii Vacation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69565-hawaii-vacation.html)

Havasu Cig 01-21-2004 11:06 AM

We have done the road to Hana twice, and it is awesome. Make sure you leave early though because like stated above it is long. Seven Pools is a must see if you decide to drive the route. You can hike a 4 mile round trip to a 435' waterfall:eek:

If you do pearl Harbor get there early because it fills up fast. They are also not letting anybody carry bags with them to the Arizona Memorial since 09-11 just an fyi. Leave your purses ect...at the Hotel or hide them in the car.

I agree with 97bh, Maui "No Kai Oi"

DoTheMath 01-21-2004 11:36 AM

Kauai for nice quiet "old school" vaca. Maui for a tick or two above that, the surfing is great here!! If you go to Kauai, dinner at The Beach House at sunset will take your breath away!! The Hyatt is unreal too, great golf, amazing location. Stay away from Oahu, just a dirty city in the middle of the Pacific, unless you want to do a day trip for the history of Pearl Harbor.
:cool:

97BossHammer 01-21-2004 12:16 PM

Havasu Cig - done it twice...cool. We rented a convertable Mustang and took it the entire road....they say not to go past a certain point and just turn around and go the way you came. Forget that, I took the sucker the whole way, I admit, I should have gotten a jeep, but what the heck. When you go the full way your really out in the middle of nowhere, just an awesome trip.

7 pools was amazing.

Wasabe 01-21-2004 12:23 PM

I would say Kauai. Parents just sold the beach house on Poipu. :( They wanted a place in Key West. IT HAS A BOAT LAUNCH AND A BOAT LIFT! nenernenernener!

Kauai is the best. I didn't stay at Princeville however I did play golf! If I could anywhere on vacation I would go to Kauai! Poipu has the best snorkeling too.

Clay Washington 01-21-2004 01:24 PM

Hawaii is great!

You need to stay at the Comeoniwannalaya Palace. :p

Havasu Cig 01-21-2004 03:00 PM

Originally posted by 97BossHammer
Havasu Cig - done it twice...cool. We rented a convertable Mustang and took it the entire road....they say not to go past a certain point and just turn around and go the way you came. Forget that, I took the sucker the whole way, I admit, I should have gotten a jeep, but what the heck. When you go the full way your really out in the middle of nowhere, just an awesome trip.

7 pools was amazing.

We have rented jeeps everytime, but you don't need one. We were just there a couple months ago and they have done some improvements on the road. It is still dirt in some parts, but much smoother than the last time we were there.

cigarette1 01-21-2004 03:12 PM

Maui No-Ka-Oi

Kaanapali - the best beach
Kapalua - quiet and upscale
Lahina - cool food, shops, walking and watching
Hana - day adventure
Hookipa - best windsurfing (maybe in the world)
Golf - Kapalua, Whilea, Kaanapali

Plenty to do if you need it

G

BLee 01-21-2004 03:15 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
Maui No-Ka-Oi

Kaanapali - the best beach
Kapalua - quiet and upscale
Lahina - cool food, shops, walking and watching
Hana - day adventure
Hookipa - best windsurfing (maybe in the world)
Golf - Kapalua, Whilea, Kaanapali

Plenty to do if you need it

G

Absolutely! We used to go every Christmas. We always stayed at Wailea.

car54driver 01-21-2004 03:30 PM

I've been to Maui several times. Waikiki is too fast and Kauai is too slow for my taste.
The road to Hana is like an endless no wake zone.

Havasu Cig 01-21-2004 05:27 PM

This was taken off Lahaina a couple of years ago when we were there. You can kind of make out the town in the background. Cool old town.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4/fdb76d11.jpg