CRT "Cigarette Retail Trouble"

Notices

CRT "Cigarette Retail Trouble"

Old 01-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THEJOKER,

All of your post regarding your problems with the Cigarette factory leads people to think there is a "customer service" problem when in fact it appears to be a "business to business" problem. You never explain the details of the deal gone bad. I don't think it's fair to slam them every time you can under the guise of a customer being screwed.

This is just an observation, not meant to feed ill feelings.

Peace out

G
Old 01-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Registered

Joker--
Is Cigarette denying you the $2800 when your paperwork shows that you paid the for the platform?? if so, I would think that you could take legal action to get your money back .....

Last edited by FASTTIMES; 01-23-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new owner's reply was it wasn't his problem. We bought the boat in July and he bought the company a few months later. BH
Old 01-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

Joker-
That sucks-- you spend that much $$$$ on a boat and they won't own up to a $2800 mistake... Do you have any attorney friends that could look into the legal side of this.. Just because you buy a company doesn't mean your not responsible for the "company's" debts...
Good Luck
Old 01-23-2004, 10:23 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Joker,
There has to be more to the story, something is most definitely missing (other than your platform, of course!). If that purchase was properly documented they would deliver, if they don't all you have to do is probably sue them for restitution and damages.

If it was a handshake deal and non documented then take it up with the persons you made the deal with, I suspect the previous owners of Cigarette, they would be the ones that screwed you not Mr. Braver. Also relying solely on a handshake, if undocumented for a $2,800 purchase opens you up to problems (obviously has you are having) so your not as white as driven snow in this by not documenting it.

Any business man that hears and bends to undocumented promises would not be in business long.

If all else fails tell them your Don Aronow's love child, some people ate that up here for a little while might help you there!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Registered

Cigarette is looking to build a name for themselves in retail and brand recognition. Well this is NOT a great start.
Its Friday at 3:30. No Gift arrived yet!
No phone call from "The ultimate gift shop"!
No return email at all!
And, per my conversation with the the lady at Cigarette, I shot my mouth off and said I would have the gift at dinner tonight. I was told the package was sent out 4 days ago (Making it about a week late). Must have been a lie because the Pony express takes less time. I was promised, and yes, promise is the word used, a return phone call. Yet another lie. And now I get to "Explain" why there is no gift.
Its not enough that I paid far above what any other comparable item without the Cigarette name would cost. But I get the run around as well. Great Job Cigarette! Your retail is nothing short of disappointing.
Considering I know that those around CRT look at this site, and have viewed this thread.
So now what?
I hate to say it, but I don't want all of my money back, I want what I ordered. Its 72 degrees outside and I'm going boating with the little lady all weekend. Damn she would have looked good in that Cigarette Bikini, promoting the company and the lifestyle. Oh well, I'm sure there will be plenty more days like this dead in the middle of winter for free advertising, OR NOT!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typical boating BS. Magic Float is and was the only guy who never lied,bull****ted, or screwed me.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

the wife just ordered one of thier shirts three days ago
1/21 and we received the shirt friday 1/23. i Told the wife about this thread and people not getting the stuff she said they were very nice and explained that they just moved etc.

later
cool shirt also
Old 01-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Nice,
It didnt show today either. UPS deliver Sat.

I had to laugh when helping a friend sell his Cig today and they guy was asking about the history of the company, and how the whole legend thing.
Blah, Blah, Blah, I gave the "Cigs are great, the company rules, you see everyone wearing the apperal."
Ironic!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally posted by later
the wife just ordered one of thier shirts three days ago
1/21 and we received the shirt friday 1/23. i Told the wife about this thread and people not getting the stuff she said they were very nice and explained that they just moved etc.

later
cool shirt also
I got to ask, why is your wife getting a Cigarette shirt if you own a Fountain?

Quick Reply: CRT "Cigarette Retail Trouble"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.