If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Manahawkin, NJ
    Not looking forward to it this year...sold my house, which I only lived in for 18 months, so I have to pay capital gains on it. Anyone know if you can deduct your own labor? I did a ton of work on the house, but 99% myself, so all I can produce receipts for are materials.

  2. #12
    Registered Wasabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    SBRT Southwest
    Maybe I'll give Turbo tax a shot.

  3. #13
    Registered ofshore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    SE, Michigan
    Originally posted by gdfatha
    Just wating for a 1099 then I file..

    Anyone use Turbo-Tax that included OUT OF STATE tax.??

    I get a check from Cal that includes Cal Tax and I live in Florida...

    Damn H&R block charges me $50 plus standrd fees for each form they fill out..

    Stay away from H&R Block I had them do mine last year for the first time and they had several mistakes. I owed money any way but basically i payed too much and still haven't received my state money back after the amendment. I found out they made the mistakes when i was going over their work that night they just forgot to include about 8k worth of right offs. They also made a few mistakes in how they calculate capitol gains/losses on stock transactions but that was in my favor so i didn't mention it and when i made them review it they still didn't catch it.

  4. #14
    Registered BigMike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2014 Contender
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    SW FL, USA
    Haven't had to do or pay taxes in 6 years even though I typically owe a ton of cash .


  5. #15
    Registered Wardey's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2005 Extreme 29
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Palm Harbor, FL
    I've tried to use Turbo Tax in the past but my stuff was too complicated to do with it. I have (4) businesses that have to be done along with trusts before I can get my personals done. Also, a good accountant knows deductions that the computer tax programs miss out on. Now, which motor should I buy for the race boat ????? Dave

  6. #16
    My Boats:
    boat less
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    did mine last saturday in the mail tuesday, licking my chops, sammy has to give me back 1,814. did the electronic thing last year and the check took just as long so i would rather keep the money to file that way and stick a stamp. what can i say i'm a tight ass

  7. #17
    Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I've been using Quicken TurboTax for about 5 years now. It's nothing short of awesome. It'll take about an hour and usually the refund is in my bank account in less then 10 days. It's great if your return isn't too complicated and it's only 20 bucks.

  8. #18
    Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    fuel injection, superchargers
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    PA and MD
    50% of returns are sent in by April 15 and 90% of IRS audits are taken out of these early returns. I allways send in on the 15th and will take the much better chance of 10% of the final 50% and avoid an audit.

    So far I have paid $60k to the feds and $7k to the state and $12k for medical insurance. This working think sucks.
    Cobra Terminator 3000, single engine 30' true tunnel cat
    Home of the "ON-BOARD-DYNO"
    Stellings Bravo Extension Box with a built-in DYNO!
    Reads 0-1000HP and 0-1000TQ in the water, on the fly, while you drive!
    Search OSO 'on-board-dyno pictures" for details.

  9. #19
    Registered robyw1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1998 Wellcraft 22' Scarab
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Spring, TX
    I actually did mine last night and had my checkbook ready. WHOA I actually got back 390 dollars because it was a slow sales year and I withheld too much.

    For political purposes I will blame it on the George Bush tax cut.

    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!
    By Rottiguy in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
  2. Hey Baja Boss wooooohoooooo
    By vagrant in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.