If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    98 NORTECH 5000V
    Stafford Va.

Question Tell me if this sounds fair.

A good friend of mine has a 2000 382 Formula and the marina where he keeps it on a lift just upped the rent to $5800 a year. He wants me to put a lift at my house he can rent from me. He winds up here most of the time when out on his boat anyway and if he comes here first he can bring his dog witch I like(cool dog) And the dog can hang out outside at my house instead of locked up in the garage at his.

I want him to pay for a 20K# High Tide lift, I am having a 24K# put in as soon as the ice melts so I can get a great deal, around 10 K for his ready to go. He gets 4 years rent free then I own the lift and 2k a year from him. I know he wants to see if he can find a cheaper lift but I want the High tide and for all three lifts too match.

He rented a apartment I have above my garage for six months while they were building their house and was cool about stuff so I dont think it will be a problem but OSO always seems to help.
    Last edited by Lapse of Reason; 01-22-2004 at 06:04 PM.

My Boats:
    Donzi Criterion
    Jacksonville, FL
    thats kinda' like a 4 year lease at $2500 \ year......less than half what the marina wants. ...then in 4 years, u get the lift......and he gets the spot for $2000 as long as he 4 years, his slip at the marina will probably be $7000....

That sounds like a great deal to me....

Gold Member Gold Member thedonz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one real fun Avance....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
    Vice City & Tavernier, FL
    I'd take that deal if it was me

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    Sounds fair to me.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    yup seems fair to me. If you rented to him before and nothing bothered ya then you have already had good experience with him.

Put your best foot forward!

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    It sure sounds like a fair deal to me. You've already experienced 'living' together and it sounds like you guys get along fine. The deal should be good to go.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1

If he's squeezing on cutting his costs, then he should go try to find somebody else to keep his boat. No reason why he should expect you to swap up brands of lifts since you got some matching ones now.

I'd tell him that he's welcome to work his own deal on the identical lift, but that your offer is specific to that brand, size, and model of lift.

Then put it all in writing.
    I see London, I see France...