Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   IRL trying to buy CART assets / APBA SBI OSS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69864-irl-trying-buy-cart-assets-apba-sbi-oss.html)

GLH 01-23-2004 02:47 PM

Originally posted by Sean
GL...you alright?
I am now puder!

Sean 01-23-2004 03:22 PM

:)

T2x 01-23-2004 03:31 PM

Originally posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Move this thread or copy it to the Racers Milling Area on this board!!!!!
Why would you move this thread.......? ....and...... Why can't people click on threads that interest them...and pass on those that don't....without defining "Racing Threads" or "LOTO Threads" or "Sewing threads".....?

I do.....and it's a pain in the butt to have to click on multiple sub areas to follow the same subject around like a pilgrim.

T2x

T2x 01-23-2004 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
That's a joke right Chuck? The OSS isn't capable of think beyond themselves.:rolleyes:
Fred:

I love ya!...... But!.......

OSS is no more...nor less......guilty of self serving actions than OPT or APBA LLC. The only difference is ....

The OSS guys put up the money for their boats ....and the other two.........take it.

T2x....calling a spade ...a spade

C_Spray 01-23-2004 07:16 PM

Getting back on track....

IRL claims that they are only bidding on "certain assets", such as the rescue equipment, timing systems, and a portable hospital, with an eye towards the fact that road racing is coming to the IRL and they will need the stuff.

Other bidders (an owners group in particular) wants to buy the entire package, including race contracts, and keep the series going under new management. To do so, they will have to assume some outstanding liabilities and take a pretty big risk.

If the IRL gets the pieces they want, they effectively cut the legs out from under they other group, who want to keep the series going, and maintain the livlihoods of hundreds of people.

When I look back at where the sport (CART + Indy) was in 1994, it makes me sick....

DPT MOTORSPORTS 01-23-2004 07:37 PM

T2X,

I may not have typed my thought correctly. Thank You for showing that to me. LOL!!!!!

Anyway, My reasoning for asking to have this posted also in the Racers Milling Area is so that it could be viewed in there also. I know alot of people that just go in that forum usually and not any where else except for maybe the uncensored areas. I would just simply like people from various organizations to look at these statements. Everything works in cycles an through the course of time has shown that history continually repeats itself.

T2X, You for one should know this more then me with the involvement you have had way before half the people involved today. Everyone continually wants to reinvent the wheel. Anyone with a brain can see that the wheel already can roll. Just simply update the wheel to perform better.

I wish everyone the best in there endeavors and hope that maybe History will not repeat itself but inevitably it always does. Best Wishes!!!!!!!!!

glassdave 01-23-2004 07:39 PM

Originally posted by C_Spray
. . . the 500 hasn't sold out since 1995. . . .

i used to go to indy every year when i was younger. i remember it ALWAYS sold out. i stoped following years ago but did not know that they were no longer filling all the seats. pretty nuts . . . . .bet the brickyard race sells out though. :cool:

Whiteknuckle 01-23-2004 08:55 PM

C_Spray,
You are absolutely correct. CART at one time was the most entertaining series in the world. However the ego trip that Tony George went on eventually weakened open wheel racing to a point where only one series could exist. George however, held the ultimate trump card, Indy! His vision and the vision of his supporters were the vision of people in a time warp. The power of the 500 proved to be to much for the CART loyalists.
What a shame.

puder 01-23-2004 09:01 PM

i though gentilozi and his buyer group bought cart and are attemptign to resurect it?

dreamer 01-23-2004 09:35 PM

irl put in a bid to buy then kill cart