Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why Get A Boat Surveyed? Has this happened to you? >

Why Get A Boat Surveyed? Has this happened to you?

Notices

Why Get A Boat Surveyed? Has this happened to you?

Old 03-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Steve_H

Unhappy

man o man that sucks
she should be added to the bad business list.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ASk the surveyor for a refund? Bet she tells you NO!. I think that if you know boats well enough you don't need 1. It's a pure BS scam business. Iknow several people who have had boats surveyed when they brought the boat home problems Galore misses

My brother bought a house. NO Home inspector, NO Loan. 1 day into house roof is leaking. Home inspector says sorry it wasn't raining the day I looked at it. Home paper work say new 4 ply roof. Roofer comes over plugs roof says it's a cheap 2 ply roof. ? Brother is trying ( Trying) to sue inspector now
Old 03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You should have taken that boat out the way it was an let it sink
Old 03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm going to put her on the list. Hope no one uses her. The guys in the glass shop told me I would be surprised at how many boats have the same problem and the owners have no clue. I was lucky no one got hurt. or the boat didn't sink.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transom & an outside stringer gone! How can you claim limited access on an outside stringer & the transom? I'm no attorney, but that looks negligent to me. Unfortunately, I've heard feedback from a number of dealers and buyers about 1/2 azz surveyors. It's to bad because it only hurts the ones that do perform a good job.

If the surveyor is going to miss a major structural defect like this, what's the point of paying to have the survey performed?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

32storm I couldn't agree more. I'll have to think twice before having another one done. Maybe spend the money on the equipment to do it myself. I know I could do a better job then Pa Kearns of RMEG out of Naples Florida.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SKRAMER,
you bet she has a duty to do a thorough survey and turn up these types of problems. Why would she be used in the first place?? I would venture to say that you would prevail in a lawsuit for her negligent survey. If you would like me to look at the contract and tell you my professional opinion then fax it to my office. My office number is (386) 257-0790 and fax is (386) 257-2302. I am assuming she is a Florida surveyor....

Brett
Old 03-25-2004, 08:59 AM
RHC
Registered

Default The rite approach

Scott,,, I have been waiting for Brett to check in on this subject ,,,, Send him the info and let the chips fall where they may,,,, He is a informed gofast boater and is willing to help. He gets my vote and you might get real good results!! Good Luck,,,,

RHC
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Registered

Hey Scotty,

I'm glad you got her back and will be ready for the spring. Sorry to hear about all the hassle though. I agree with you on your views of Greg Group. I have used him in the past. Well let's get her together and get on the water.

When are we getting together for a beer? Say hi to Sonia. ( I'm sure I spelled that wrong )

Later,
Dano
Old 06-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: Why Get A Boat Surveyed? Has this happened to you?

I guess this is more common then I think.

Quick Reply: Why Get A Boat Surveyed? Has this happened to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.