Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HELP ME PLAN "LOTO" VACATION >

HELP ME PLAN "LOTO" VACATION

Notices

HELP ME PLAN "LOTO" VACATION

Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Ric232

The Garden House BnB would be nice, but they, like many BnB's, do not allow children. Not an option.

Old 02-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally posted by Mintish Panther
Griff, what the hayal is anyone doing up this early on a workday?
Work for me starts at 5pm and goes till 3am. So when I posted I was probably "working"
Old 02-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay away from LOTO.....your boat will look huge there, just like the bugs and the women!!!! Nothing but jet boats, flat bottoms and wave-runners!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Stay away from LOTO.....your boat will look huge there, just like the bugs and the women!!!! Nothing but jet boats, flat bottoms and wave-runners!
Just another post by Nort proving that he has never been there

No bugs that I have witnessed
You want bugs in the summer, come to Minnesota or Florida
The women, from what I remember at Party cove if that is huge, then me like
There are larger size women in any state, on any body of water you go too, that is life. Just like us huge men are there looking for the little women

As for jet boats, flat bottoms and pwc, you have one of three right on that.
However, the pwc's are cove runners, weekends they might as well swim
Jet boats, not, they would get the hell beat out of them.
Only flat bottoms I would imaging being there are fishing or duck boats that are out in the wee hours of the morning when it is glassy
Old 03-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ric,

My uncle has a 3 bedroom condo that he rents when he's not there. It's at Kapilana, which is on the Grand Glaize arm in the heart of everything (food, shopping, entertainment) and less than one mile from party cove.

No wake during the weekends, has a beautiful pool, a playground, they rent paddle boats, has a game room, has a swim beach, they have covered slips for rent, fishing, a designated lot to park the boat trailers, and a half mile from the state park to launch your boats.

Like I said, it's right in the heart of Osage Beach. My sister and brother in law own the condo right next door, which use to be my parents. They rent theirs out too, but it's only two bedrooms. My parents bought a lake house on down the lake towards tan-tar-a at about the 24 mile marker, so we're not too far. I just shack up with them to get away from all the kids and comotion.

Anyway, my uncles name is Dennis Harper and his # is 402-292-5392. We're from the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all with the accomodations and location, since we've been vacationing there for decades. Tell him Todd gave you his #.

We just bought a new Eliminator 28 Daytona TD with twins and can't wait to get down there and try it out, maybe we'll see ya down there.

A word of caution, the lake is very busy on holidays and weekends and the main channels get very rough 3-4-5 ft. rollers going in every direction. There are many coves and channels to get out of that stuff though, you just have to look around.

Hope this helps,

Todd Harper
[email protected]