Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Went out on Clear Lake Sunday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70039-went-out-clear-lake-sunday.html)

robyw1 01-25-2004 06:12 PM

Went out on Clear Lake Sunday

I can't believe it, I took advantage of a nice day to test out my new Accelerator prop on Clear Lake and it was about as busy as summer. I figured being in January I would have been one of the very few people out but to my surprise it was pretty crowded. We went out into Galveston bay a couple of miles and it was windy but not too rough. Lots of sail boaters were in the way. Coming back to the Boardwalk we ate at Cadillac Bar and we actually had to wait for a table. It seemed very un-January like. Anyone else out there?

Roby :cool:

FeverFan 01-25-2004 06:55 PM

It was a really nice day about 75 (bet it was a little cool on the water). I didn't go out on the water, but my condo is on the lake. I spent some time down by the water watching to boats go by. :D

What kind of boat were you on?

US1 Fountain 01-25-2004 07:00 PM

Well, details on the prop. I assume you had the HoustonProp rework?

robyw1 01-25-2004 08:26 PM

I really like the prop, no blowout at all. Time to plane is quicker and mid range is a lot stronger. I think I may need just a couple hundred more RPM at WOT and then it will be perfect. It is a hell of a lot better than the stock Mirage plus was, and my prop was brand new before I had Darin convert it.

Roby

robyw1 01-25-2004 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fever Fan I was on a 22' Scarab

Roby

Jana 01-26-2004 12:06 PM

Wasn't boating, but did spend the afternoon at the Turtle Club. Very nice day! All my best boating buds were there and the slips were full. Good to see 29Scarab back in town, too.

29scarab 01-26-2004 01:25 PM

Got to run the Scarab yesterday! What a blast it was.

Ran across the bay to Top Water Grill. The Scarab ran like a bat out of hell!! Almost forgot what the
Whipple sounded like!! It was nice to see everyone yesterday!!

Hopefully back out next weekend weather permitting!!

Joe 01-26-2004 03:49 PM

Baaaaa Hum-bug!!!! :mad:

Motors are being rebuilt.... and dying for them back on days like yesterday. It was still great just being outside without a jacket. See everyone in a couple weeks (when I'm sure it'll be COLD again!!!! :confused: )

29Scarab, We'll have to hook up when it warms up. One of my buddies has the same boat and is considering the Whipple/Stellings addition. It'll kill him to see and hear yours. :D

robyw1 01-26-2004 03:54 PM

I will probably be keeping mine in Clear Lake this summer. It is a new area for me but I already like it better than Conroe.

Roby