Chicago Show/ Sunsation caught my eye >

Chicago Show/ Sunsation caught my eye

Notices

Chicago Show/ Sunsation caught my eye

Old 01-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not to mention going in and out of the cabin. Too much hassle having to raise and lower the dash.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compared to your 386.....are you serious? Sunsation builds a nice, fast boat, but they are very low profile. Unless Sunsation is going to change their philosophy on building boats (as seen in their current product offering) that would be a major change for you.

Does the 396 offer stand up headroom ? Does the 39'6" length include the swim platform? I think the 386 s a great combination of performance a cruiser. Is that where the 396 is going?
Old 01-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Registered

Actually on the Sunsation will have 6 ft plus of headroom. The boat will have more freeboard than the current stock of Sunsations. It looks great. My Sonic is an 03 so I probably have a few years at least in it and I am very happy with the boat but the 396 looks very cool.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Registered

I would agree, if it has 6' of headroom, that would be great. From what I have seen, they build a great boat. But I have been told things like that before only to be disappointed

I am anxious to see one.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Nice boats, good build quality, and a great reputation for outstanding customer support. Also quite a bit more local to the Chicago area than going with a South Florida boat. But not a custom builder, and lacking in freeboard.
Get rid of your Sonic for one? That 100 gallon tank in the Sunsation wouldn't even round trip the boat from North Point to Chicago and back.
But Mitcher T paint....... nice stuff from that guy on any boat.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Registered

Get Ready not to be disappointed OK? The 396 Sunsation is real and all the right people putting this new bad boy machine together will testify.The ones involved tooling this new offshore are saying its a Home Run.It will be shown for the first time at The Lauderdale Show at the end of October then to the Powerboat Magazine trials.It will be worth owning.Thank-you.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Registered

Looney Tune knows what this boat will be inside and out. So please be professional as he is and read the lines.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Registered

I am not from Missouri. But I have become very much like someone from that great State based on experience. Don't tell us how great it will be.......show us how great it is.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 01-25-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I must say I was pretty impressed by the Sunsations at the Chicago show...I've checked them out before on my first go-around boat-buy two years ago. However, whoever the dude was on the Innovator when I asked to go onboard and take a look around really chapped my a$$. The heavy sigh and eye-roll routine is something a "salesman" or even someone wanting to associate themselves with selling a boat is a sure way to turn off a potential customer. I AM in the market now, I AM 29 years old but look a bit younger, and this really sucked. The guy couldn't even spare the time of day to give even a little info about the boat...it was like pulling teeth. By the way, the boat was beautiful (and I was told runs mid-80s on 496HOs!?), the sales guy can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I was also very impressed with Sunsation. In my opinion they were a strong contender for best of show!

Quick Reply: Chicago Show/ Sunsation caught my eye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.