Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Louisville, Kentucky (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70070-louisville-kentucky.html)

ofshore 01-26-2004 07:48 AM

Louisville, Kentucky

I'm heading down to Louisville in a few weeks and I need some suggestions if any of you have been there or live there.

What are the best bars/restaurants to go to (nightlife) and where are they located?

I need to find a hotel too hopefully centrally located to the bars so it doesn't cost us fortune in cab fares.:)

TIA for any suggestions, Eric.

Scott 01-26-2004 09:10 AM

I stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown (nice rooms) priced O.K. with P-Club.
I like going to Stevie Rays the people are nice and the music is TOO :cool: .
I think Budman and a couple other OSO members live there and can give you a lot more info!

formula31 01-26-2004 09:46 AM

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Riverside (actually in Indiana). The rooms suck and the bridge traffic can be horrible.

388Hustler 01-26-2004 09:59 AM

Stevie Rays downtown is ok or just take a cab to Baxter Ave. There are a ton of bars there. I would recommend Molly Malones, Flannigans, or O'sheas. There is a decent gentlemen's club downtown as well (PT's), if you are into that. There are tons of great restaurants and bars here, it just depends on what you like. PM me if you want or give me a call and I can help you out.

Dean

BadDog 06-11-2004 07:32 AM

Re: Louisville, Kentucky

Eric,
I am a former Michigan boy myself. Ben in Lousville since 90. You will enjoy your visit. Maybe give me a shout when in town. You really don't want to stay downtown. Stay over in the Hurstbourne Park area off 64. There are some really nice hotels there and the cab ride would only be 10 minutes. You may want to check out Captains Quarters bar on the river. Lots of boats there. Sunday night is pretty busy but mostly a real young crowd on Sundays. Drop me an email at;
[email protected]

Tim T.

SR-24 06-11-2004 12:36 PM

388Hustler,
What lake do you do most of your boating on? I know Cumberland is about 2hrs. away but are there any nice lakes that are closer even if they're in another state?

SR-24 06-11-2004 12:38 PM

Ooops! I just realized this thread was started 5 months ago. :crazy:

388Hustler 06-11-2004 01:19 PM

Mostly on the Ohio River. I keep my boat at Captain's Quarters. Where do you live/boat? I go to Cumberland and Herrington pretty often. I have a cruiser that I leave on Herrington. Nolin, Herrington, and Green are all fairly close to Louisville. They are all a lot smaller than Cumberland. I can't go to Cumberland every w/e because I work a lot of Saturdays and it's 2.5 - 3 hours away (depending on the marina).

ofshore 06-11-2004 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by BadDog
Eric,
I am a former Michigan boy myself. Ben in Lousville since 90. You will enjoy your visit. Maybe give me a shout when in town. You really don't want to stay downtown. Stay over in the Hurstbourne Park area off 64. There are some really nice hotels there and the cab ride would only be 10 minutes. You may want to check out Captains Quarters bar on the river. Lots of boats there. Sunday night is pretty busy but mostly a real young crowd on Sundays. Drop me an email at;
[email protected]

Tim T.

Oh sure now you come up with the good hangouts:D:D Just kidding i do appreciate your responses but we were down there in February. We actually stayed at the hyatt on jefferson so the cab rides weren't too bad, I thought we hit most of the bars :crazy: but i never did see captains quarters, maybe if i ever get down there again.