Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ocean City, MD Boat races in 2004??? >

Ocean City, MD Boat races in 2004???

Notices

Ocean City, MD Boat races in 2004???

Old 01-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocean City, MD Boat races in 2004???

Anyone know if they are holding offshroe races in Ocean City, Md in 2004??
Old 01-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I doubt it. OPA tried to put something together but we needed someone locally to take the ball and run with it. No sponsor dollars, no local leadership that wants to take the lead at getting sponsors = no race.

However, OPA will be racing in Cambridge MD again and in the shadow of the USS New Jersey on the Deleware river in October.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Registered

Thanks Ron P!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by Ron P
I doubt it. OPA tried to put something together but we needed someone locally to take the ball and run with it. No sponsor dollars, no local leadership that wants to take the lead at getting sponsors = no race.

However, OPA will be racing in Cambridge MD again and in the shadow of the USS New Jersey on the Deleware river in October.
Deleware River in October
Old 01-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Ron. I tried to contact Phil on several occasions and never got a return call or e-mail. And, again, Bill and I did not know about the OPA meeting down here until after the fact, so he and I were behind and trying to play catch up right from the start.

After speaking with you the last time, I decided to feel out some race sponsor possibilities myself and got a lot of negative feedback. The popular answer was that this was the "wrong winter to be looking for money" commitments in OC. I can somewhat agree with them because the town in general had a poor season last summer with the wacky weather. So, needless to say, this is a tight financial winter for pretty much everybody here in OC. Everybody I talked to wanted the races back, but would not put up money for this year.

I think that we should start getting things in line this summer or early fall for a race here in 2005. We got too late of a start this year. We need to hit up the local businesses at the end of summer when they have some money to spend. If we play it right and we have a good summer here, I think we can find the money to do a race in 2005.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hot Duck, everyone wants to race in OC, it's a terrific venue. The OPA schedule is pretty full for 04 anyhow.

It's going to take someone like yourself to bring racing back to OC. Its all up to you. You know I'll help.

To get on the OPA email list, go to www.njoffshore.com and join the mailing list.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Ron -

It was good meeting you in Fall. Sorry that it didn't fly. I'll see Will a bunch this summer, maybe we can come up with someting for 2005. It is a GREAT venue.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey Barry, you, Will, Bill and Phil should start an offshore racing club. Bring in some other members to share the efforts. No one wants to or should have to carry the ball all alone. This is too much for one person.

Lets bring a race back to OC in 05.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee I know a couple of guys that might be able to help out too O.C. is only about 80 miles from Cambridge right????
Old 01-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Duck, ya gotta pull it all together. Every one wants the race to come back. Someone just needs to take the lead.

Quick Reply: Ocean City, MD Boat races in 2004???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.