Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A wax product that works incredibly well!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70148-wax-product-works-incredibly-well.html)

BillR 01-27-2004 06:43 AM

A wax product that works incredibly well!!

A friend and OSO member; SuperHawaii40 has been telling me about a wax that he used to make his 14 year old boat sparkle. I saw his Super Hawaii in person, and was suprised at the shine. He told me he was using Frenzy wax. I had never heard of it, nor could I find it at West Marine. Well, It was out of mind, until I saw it in Powerboat magazine. I ordered a small bottle.

This stuff works great!! I used it on my transom, which is the area I avoid cause it is a pain in the arse to do. I did everything back there. My K-Planes looked like there was some kind of oxidation on them. I had tried other waxes/cleaners, but nothing made them really shine. In fact I thought that was the way they were supposed to work. After using this Frenzy wax, they shine like new paint!! :D :D
The best part is, this stuff comes off 100% easier than ANYTHING I used. It is more like dusting the boat instead of wiping wax. I did the side of my 34' boat. It took me no more than 2 to 3 minutes to wipe off the Frenzy wax.

I highly recommend this to everyone. It works as advertised. I also think most racers on the board are familiar with it. Looks like Frenzy wax is a sponsor or something of the SBI.

http://hammerheadboatworks.com/waxing_frenzy_.html

Oh, SuperHawaii40 has had problems with his hull bottom turning yellow from sitting over the weekend in the water. He said this wax has made that problem about 75% less.

I plan to order some more of their products and check them out.

rv 01-27-2004 09:33 AM

Bill,
Sounds like it is easy to apply/remove.

A couple of my thoughts. One, I never liked the idea of a combination cleaner/wax. It seems to me that the cleaning part should be done separately. If not, I think that some of the dirt is captured by the wax and the surface is not as clean as if it was done separately. Two, how long does it last? There are alot of wax products out there but most of them last about the same time ~ 1month. Third, one thing that does it all, gelcoat, paint, metal is questionable. In doing it all was something left behind to make it usable on the other surfaces?

I guess until you actually try it and compare against what you are using you will never know. It maybe worth a try just to get some experience.

Have you tried Zaino, it is a pain to use but lasts.

Rick

Scott 01-27-2004 10:01 AM

If you had a chance to read what I had posted here never mind:D

I read your response on another sight and don't want to be negative:D

Dock Holiday 01-27-2004 10:03 AM

Thanks!

BillR 01-27-2004 10:21 AM

Originally posted by Scott
Sorry I have to ask;)

What about this:confused:

last years great product

Crystal Guard? I still use it. I love it!! I applied the first coat around May and another around Sept. It lasts a looong time. The shine is great!! Ask OSO members- Macklin, Vyper340, C-Spray and Nauti-props.

As I stated above, due to the transom area being a pain in the arse, I usually only wash that area.
Since I had some time last weekend (wanted to tinker around the boat) and a new wax to try, I thought I'd try the stuff on my transom, drives and tabs to see what it was like. It worked well and was so easy to remove, I thought I try it down one side of the boat and see what it looked like.

I also heard that Fountain Powerboats uses Frenzy wax on all of the boats that leave their factory, as well as on their race boats, and most of their dealerships throughout the country.

Zaino, love it! I use it on my G35. Way too much work though for a boat!!:D

OldSchool 01-27-2004 10:26 AM

I'll give it a try. I'm still diggin' that Ringo stuff for cleaning, it's great!!

Scott 01-27-2004 10:32 AM

Well I guess you did read it! You must of been posting the reply while I was editing:eek:

I must say that I HATE cleaning and waxing the transom area with the built in platform it is a tough job and anything to make it easier is worth trying:D

Thanks

Super Hawaii 40 01-27-2004 11:17 AM

This product is different then wax products of the past. This product does not repel the surface it is applied to, it actually clings. The product holds up as good as any I have used so far but is twice as easy to use. The cleaner part is chemical, not abrasive like most cleaners. I would recomend it to anybody who hates to wax their boat.
JA

Reckless32 01-27-2004 12:28 PM

"I would recomend it to anybody who hates to wax their boat. "

Well now you have my attention!...:D So much wax....so little time to try them all out...:p

Wardey 01-27-2004 12:31 PM

I spoke with Kim on the telephone. She said you can use this on ANY painted surface. We are going to try some and i'll let you know. She was a pleasure to talk with on the phone. Dave