Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!! >

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Notices

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FH, you're right, you should not have. Being a hot-head is not going to help a bit.

So what about people with property on the main channel? Are their docks not important enough to restrict wakes?

If you are swimming in a cove and struck by a 25 foot boat on plane, does it hurt less?

Are wakes caused by a big bowrider pulling skiers or tubers in a confined cove less damaging than a 30 foot boat with a similar hull?

etc etc etc.

This is a poorly designed bill made either by mis-guided do-gooders, or people with an agenda. Either way it needs to be stopped. And being hot-headed is not going to stop it.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahaha!!!!!

Still LMFAO

Out here, unless you wanna pay, they all want those damn things called relationships So once they realize I am leaving..... It's not like I tell them either! They have already found out about me before f-ing approach!!! AHHHHH I am going nuts.....
Old 02-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by FunHome
I say we get a couple of us to go together and buy this just to PLOW anywhere we want at LOTO!!!

1978 Trojan Flybridge 26ft!!!!
You're so angry, that you are not reading well. The proposed law is for boats 26 feet and longer, not longer than 26 feet.

Doesn't someone make a 25 foot cruiser?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Registered

So when are they gonna have the new law figured out and where can I get a copy of this new law?
Old 02-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Chart
You're so angry, that you are not reading well. The proposed law is for boats 26 feet and longer, not longer than 26 feet.

Doesn't someone make a 25 foot cruiser?
Yea, but the one I found was a Bayliner it's not going to be heavy enough to put out as much of a wake as a SeaDoo!!

I was upset at the law and that he didn't address the weight of boat's!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Registered

FunHome,
I am with you, the length designation is a stupid determination at best. The people in my cove that cause wakes near my dock and come close to people swimming are fishing boats, jet skis, and ski boats at the mouth of the cove, none of which are over 25 feet.
I knew when I bought my lake house that it would be rough at times. How rough it would get was factored in on the different areas I would consider.
This poorly designed law is intended for a few boaters that have no consideration for others property or personal safety. Any more it seems that this country is being run by special interest groups or the vocal minority that want more and more rules.
I DONT!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Registered

By the way I received the same can response as FunHome to an e-mail I addressed to Paul Kennedy of the MO State Water Patrol. I asked him some very specific questions regarding the decision to base it on length of boat and he did not address anything other than he canned answers.
I really don't like when you take the time to voice your concern and they don't even bother reading what you send.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Registered

http://www.grda.com/Water/duckcreek.html

Here is an example of what they did at grand lake. The water level went up about 2 feet after they were done installing 500 lane buoys.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Registered

You need to talk to your Mo state Rep or Wayne Cooper from Camdenton. THe water Patrol enforces the law, Cooper has sponsored the bill.

You are not focusing your efforts toward the right group of people.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Steve_H

the part that worries me is by the time these wonderfull lawmakers get done it wont look anything like its being proposed today.
400 ft. wide will be 800 ft. and 26 ft. will be 18 ft.

Last edited by lotoparty; 02-04-2004 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.