No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!! >

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Notices

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Old 01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Just to let everyone know, at the last minute the Rep. that was sponsoring this bill changed it to NO WAKE in ANY coves, not just ones under 400ft in width!!!

Here is the article!!

Ozark Paper
Old 01-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe Ozarks lasted this long without no wake zones.

Sucks, I know the feeling all too well.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Registered

I've never been to Grand Lake, what are your No Wake's like??
Old 01-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Steve_H

Randy Kelly, owner of Kelly's Port Marina, says he's not sure imposing more restrictions is the way to go. He has some concerns that the legislation might be the first step in passing too many rules and regulations on Lake of the Ozarks.
"Lake of the Ozarks is a phenomenal place. It's a great place to live and do business and visit," Kelly said. "I am concerned that this may be the tip of the iceberg in over-legislation."
probably just a matter of time

Old 01-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, most of them are pretty necessary, except one.

There is a cove called "Duck Creek" where all of the clubs are located. It's about as wide as the area around Top Siders and Salty Dog. They made it no wake a couple of years ago. Takes 30 minutes to idle through it, one way.

There is absolutely zero reason to have it no wake. It has always been "open water" until some bastard that doesn't even own a boat decided he wanted some attention.

On the bright side, the entire lake community absolutely detests this individual for his actions. His memberships to all of the Yacht Clubs were revoked. He is not welcome in any of the local public bars. He basically can't go anywhere.

The no wake zone put a dent into the businesses in that cove. It is a tight knit group. If you piss them off they can make the lake a lonely place for you.

As long as they don't stick their nose anywhere else around here, it will continue to be a great place to boat.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:41 PM
FWK

Does this mean that no one can ski? we were going to teach our son to ski this year I guess that is out.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by cigracer38
Well, most of them are pretty necessary, except one.

There is a cove called "Duck Creek" where all of the clubs are located. It's about as wide as the area around Top Siders and Salty Dog. They made it no wake a couple of years ago. Takes 30 minutes to idle through it, one way.

There is absolutely zero reason to have it no wake. It has always been "open water" until some bastard that doesn't even own a boat decided he wanted some attention.

On the bright side, the entire lake community absolutely detests this individual for his actions. His memberships to all of the Yacht Clubs were revoked. He is not welcome in any of the local public bars. He basically can't go anywhere.

The no wake zone put a dent into the businesses in that cove. It is a tight knit group. If you piss them off they can make the lake a lonely place for you.

As long as they don't stick their nose anywhere else around here, it will continue to be a great place to boat.
And to add to the problem:

If you are 25 foot or less with twins or 29 foot or less with a single - you can go 25 MPH thru Duck Creek but.....you have to stay to left of the red bouys and right of the green bouys....or it right of red and left of green.........whatever the hell it is, Cigracer is right, the whole Duck Creek thing is screwed!
Old 01-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Ozarks has a ton of no wake areas presently. It takes more than 30 minutes to get under the Grand Glaze Bridge due to no wake during a weekend or Holiday. I have a house in a cove that has no wake restrictions toward the middle of the cove and back and none toward the mouth of the cove. No problems at all not having it no wake around there. Property owners up and down the lake could claim that the waves cause damage to their docks where does it stop??? Everyone that buys property or boats on the lake should be aware that waves are a natural thing in boating. When it becomes such as pain in the rear to boat, boating dies.
Believe me there is nothing worth saving around the Lake of the Ozarks if boaters get tired of the hassle.
During the winter months a full set of teeth is optional for the local ladies, however summer is something much different due to the people that the lake attracts.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Registered

Not to change the topic, but I just had a Lady stop by that has a place on Grand Lake. I guess they are on South Grand near a Spillway?? and Moonies?? We were talkign Boat lift's and I guess they have one if not the largest lift on Grand 22000lbs!! It raises their Nauitline houseboat, that has a KC Chiefs theme!!

Don't you have a Poker Run down there sometime?? If so I might have to come down!!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps they should look into limiting the size and HP on boats they allow on LOTO and ban the stinkin Jet Skis aka lake lice from coves, they are the core of the problem in stirring up the water in the coves and cause of most accidents

Im sure the marine dealers association will raise about 8 kinds of hell if that happens.

Quick Reply: No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.