Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Search Party for Missing Boater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70431-search-party-missing-boater.html)

ST31 01-31-2004 03:05 PM

Any new news? :(

cuda 01-31-2004 03:33 PM

I hope the weather is better tomorrow for the search. It's 55 and raining here today.

Formula Outlaw 01-31-2004 04:08 PM

Best of luck tomorrow in your search. We can only hope.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-31-2004 07:57 PM

Forwarded: 1-31-04

I received this last night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the lastest info on the recovery effort. Thanks,

Fish

10am Gandy Boat Ramp Tampa Side Near Jimmy Macs

Boat Owners Needed!

Officer Randy Lopez (TPD Marine Unit ) will be dock side with instructions. He is the only official so please follow his instructions.
Monitor VHF Channel 68
Northern Sweep - 10:20 sweep the Eastern side of Tampa Bay from Gandy Bridge North toward the Howard Franklin Bridge. Line up along the bridge @ approx. 10:20am - 200' apart. Smaller boats search the shallow water and canals. Larger boats search the open water. As the group approaches the Howard Franklin the larger boats should spread out to the west to continue the open water coverage, circling back to the Gandy.
Southern Sweep - After the Northern sweep returns to the Gandy the same format will be used heading South down the Macdill shore toward Gadsden Point then circling back to the Gandy
Important - Any meaningful discoveries that you may believe to be associated with the accident need to be treated with the utmost of care. Immediately contact Randy Lopez (TPD) on Channel 68 for instructions.
Randy Lopez (TPD) will go into much greater detail for coverage in other areas of the bay so please be early. For those of you without boats please meet at the Gandy ramp so we can pair you up with other boats needing crew.

Today @ 1pm First Baptist Church, 1900 Gandy Blvd. There was a Celebration of Life for Chris Parker.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-31-2004 08:40 PM

Thanks to everyone in advance that can make it tomorrow.

I wish I could be there myself... :(

Good Luck!

impulsive 01-31-2004 10:33 PM

Yes, best of luck.

dangerkitty2 02-01-2004 12:58 PM

Just received word that over 100 boats showed up to get involved in the search efforts. The Tampa Marine Unit & St Petersburg Units are involved. They are scanning the Bay, 100- 200 feet apart, and it is now sunny and calm in Tampa Bay. I was told it was astonishing to see so many boats show up. God Speed.

In Memory of Chris Parker, lost but not forgotten.

Wear your PFDs! :(

Formula Outlaw 02-01-2004 02:05 PM

I just spoke with Ricochet Mike and he confirmed that over one hundred boats had arrived to participate in the search for Chris Parker. He said the line of search boats spanned Tampa Bay. It makes me feel proud to be part of a group that rallies so strongly for "one of it's own". We are all keeping our fingers crossed for luck. Godspeed. Russ

bojoe2 02-01-2004 08:21 PM

that makes me proud wish i was closer lets stick together

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-01-2004 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Fish:

Search Unsuccessful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharkey is right, there were an awful lot of boats. So many that on the south side of the Gandy Bridge, there were enough boats to spread from one side of the bay to the other.

Although we were unable to find Chris, it is truly a testament to the person he was and the rallying of the boating community to see so many boats of all types in the rain searching for him.

The search was called off at approximately 2:30 this afternoon and was followed by 1 minute of radio silence and then all boats blowing their horns together in memorium.

This is a picture of the boats in a line towards the west (pinellas county) lined up and searching. THere were about twice as many to the east from where I was in the line, but the picture did not come out.

Fish